Author Topic: sounds of the gun  (Read 4788 times)

joemomma77

• Accuracy by volume
    • View Profile
    • Dog airsoft team
sounds of the gun
« on: March 09, 2013, 10:35:59 PM »
So  I playing at  Sogo I am seeing lots of guns and people using them in many ways, such as duel pistols, assault rifles, shot guns, and launchers as I did tonite.  We got an AK, Aug, shot gun, and mp7. My friend come with have shot gun, p90, and king arms Sig. We roll as a group and take spot have fun, seem to be everyone for himself and spaws get over run. Point is why do you run your set up and play off of what other have or do? Thanks for playing it is fun but also planing may make it better.

Mike
Mike Burgess
DOG team og
UMP w/highcap
UTG tri shotgun 84 shells custom cut/paint
 Dual elite force 1911 w/12 co2 mags
Echo1 g36 w/magpull afg

Boba Fett

• 日本バンザイ
    • View Profile
    • CAMO Airsoft Team Forum
Re: sounds of the gun
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 12:01:02 AM »
Come to my small squad tactics class on March 17th. Lunch served at 12:30, training starts at 1:30. We'll be teaching how to work together as a squad using standard military tactics.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading."

joemomma77

• Accuracy by volume
    • View Profile
    • Dog airsoft team
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 12:24:08 AM »
Thanks for the invite, I have some mount training  but one can never have to much team work. The whole people going in with a pistol only blows my mind but to each their own. I am a shotgun guy but people probably say that is lame also.
Mike Burgess
DOG team og
UMP w/highcap
Echo1 g36 w/magpull afg

j man 3

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 01:21:30 AM »
I'm sorry I don't understand what this means "run your set up and play off of what other have or do?"

joemomma77

• Accuracy by volume
    • View Profile
    • Dog airsoft team
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 10:47:34 AM »
I am asking why you have and use the gun you have now, it was cheap, I like the style? When playing do you base what you do of what other do, everyone charge the same way or what tactics you use? On the gun part do you have a scope, use mid cap mag for a real feel?  If they guy next to you has a m4, no mags, and a short sleeve shirt on? Or another guy that has just a pistol and a couple of extra mags? Maybe the guy with a g36 couple extra mags and military dress (acu)? What guy would you go same way with other then he is a friend, I am asking for a couple of reasons one to see how the clock works(how the gears turn and why), 2 some gas styles can be based upon guns and shooting ability?
Mike Burgess
DOG team og
UMP w/highcap
Echo1 g36 w/magpull afg

Metal

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 02:03:23 PM »
Sorry to sound like a douche here but you're thoughts in your posts are so scrambled that it's hard for us to understand what you're truely asking.

Are you asking: For what reasons did you make the choice of primary weapon that you chose? For instance; price, look/feel, quality, ect.

On gear and clothing are you asking: For what reasons do you choose to wear the clothing/uniform and gear/kit you wear to games/operations? For instance; comfort, looks, current military usage, to complete a specific loadout, ect.

joemomma77

• Accuracy by volume
    • View Profile
    • Dog airsoft team
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2013, 02:37:50 PM »
Yeah that is about it looking for reasons and what con/pros and group or sole when ya play?
Mike Burgess
DOG team og
UMP w/highcap
Echo1 g36 w/magpull afg

wanna b bada$$

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2013, 02:50:52 PM »
Well for me when I play cqb I mostly just run my shotty with 12 shells and my 1911 with 3 mags for the reason of speed I don't. Always use my pc or my m4 for the reason of there to big and if I'm having to run around in curcles I ddont want 50 pounds of gear on everythin I carry in will fit on a belt and leg holster set up even down to an extra flashlight and as for my dress I where oldschool woodlands bc I know they fit well there cheap to replace and not to hot or cold as for the squad or solo if my team of friends is there then I play squad bc having somone u know can cover u or if they say its clear u know it is but solo if I play a day without my team... I hope this help and help the disscion start I know its kinda ruff at the beginning
Build a man a fire he is warm for the day set a man on fire he it warm the rest of his life

Classic army m4
Aps spical wepon m4
Utg tri shot
Svd dragnove
Ksg desert egale
We socom 1911
We special forces m9

Metal

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2013, 02:52:21 PM »
Ok, I figured that what what you were after.

I garuantee that a lot of what is used is due to Military. Weather it be gear, clothing, or primary and/or secondary weapons. Honestly, who can blame them? We look up to these guys and want to emulate them in any way we can. Heck, they're the reason we can even do this hobby of ours we call airsoft. I can also say this, those guys you see running around with just pistols weather they be in full uniform and gear or just blue jeans and a t-shirt are usually the guys to watch the most because they are the most experienced. SoGo was my first all CQB experience and by the end of my first day I had already realized the advantages of running just a pistol versus any type of shoulder fired primary. The ranges are almost never so far that you run much of a risk of missing with a pistol, if you're an adequate shot. A pistol is 100% more maneuverable than any shoulder fired primary. That's why I think it's craziness when I see field players that may have buildings or rooms to clear at a big OP drop the FPS and overall size of their primary weapon down for something they're not gonna be doing that much and even when they are doing it, they could be doing it better with a pistol. So for a long time I've been running pistol only at SoGo and have never regreted it.

tacoman

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2013, 06:23:21 PM »
For me, I run with an M4 since it's short enough for me to take corners, accurate enough to take long shots, and most importantly I'm comfortable with it. And as for whether I run as a group or solo, when I play with the usual group from work, I work with them and base what I do off of what they do. On those rare occasions when it's just me, I work with what I see my team doing and try to coordinate with them. If I see people moving on the left, I'll cover them or move on the right to force people to go up the middle where other team mates are waiting for them. Everything I do is team based. The lone rangers don't tend to last very long without getting shot a lot, and they're not nearly as effective as a team working together.

joemomma77

• Accuracy by volume
    • View Profile
    • Dog airsoft team
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2013, 07:03:07 PM »
I can see the older say 20 and up seem to do that the kids seem to want to be like black ops/mw3, the whole solo thing works for some, single pistols seem to be kinda popular but man I always sem to shoot from faraway 25 ft or more and those I remember, not the pistol so much, it that I can see from a far.
Mike Burgess
DOG team og
UMP w/highcap
Echo1 g36 w/magpull afg

chuckysknife3

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2013, 10:30:43 PM »
You see, this is the cool part about airsoft. You can look like whoever you want to resemble,  and act however you feel comfortable. Only things it comes down to is being friends, having a blast, and caring for the safety of yourself and others!

Boba Fett

• 日本バンザイ
    • View Profile
    • CAMO Airsoft Team Forum
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2013, 02:18:10 AM »
Basically you can gear yourself towards one of two things.

Realism/looking cool and having all the gear

or

Being an amazing airsofter with a lot of effectiveness.

I used to run the latter system and granted it was fun...but I like to dress up, so now days I play a lot worse, but look way cooler. here's two pics for reference:

When I was an awesome CQB beast:

These days I'm a chairsofting beast:

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading."