Author Topic: Do you watch Son's of Guns?  (Read 5948 times)

Fenix031882

• View Profile
Do you watch Son's of Guns?
« on: September 28, 2012, 04:26:55 PM »
I saw today on Facebook that they are teaming up with Elite Force to start an airsoft line.  I for one am pretty excited!
Its always better to be a first rate version of yourself than a second rate version of someone else.

Yesterday is the past, tomorrow is unknown, today is a gift, thats why they call it the present.

KWA Magpul ERG
G&G Scar L
JG M4A1 enhanced
WE M9 Marine edition
Echo 1 P90
Tri shot Shotgun
G&G MP5

Boba Fett

• 日本バンザイ
    • View Profile
    • CAMO Airsoft Team Forum
Re: Do you watch Son's of Guns?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 05:31:42 PM »
The people at that shop scare me...it seems as though they know nothing about what they speak half the time. It's possible that they actually know what they're doing I suppose, and maybe their producers just force them to say stupid and untrue things, idk.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading."

Jbagel21

• View Profile
    • Springfield Instigator
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 09:39:59 PM »
Which things are you referring to specifically?
"A professional makes his work play, and his play practice."

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and like it, never really care for anything else thereafter."  Ernest Hemingway

Boba Fett

• 日本バンザイ
    • View Profile
    • CAMO Airsoft Team Forum
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 10:29:07 PM »
Well, for instance, calling a 37mm flare launcher a 40mm grenade launcher, an M4 (or maybe it was an AR15) a machinegun, and calling the Arisaka a piece of junk (which in effect it was, but it did have one of the strongest bolts of any bolt-action rifle (which the Japanese failed to utilize)). I also recall them stating some false information relating to federal laws, although I can't recall what exactly.There were probably lots of other little things, but I haven't seen the show in several months (maybe they've changed since then). They seemed to make gun ownership a "redneck" thing. :(

Personally I don't care for drama, but that's a personal opinion that doesn't matter here. Also know that I don't even get TV at my house, so I can't watch anything. lol

If they were to become airsoft retailers/designers, I don't think a lot of good would come out of it. I may certainly be wrong, but I think they would be another one of the exaggerating companies that's focused on sales and brand name rather than product quality. The big plus is that maybe they'll crank out some new WWII weapons. :D

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading."

Fenix031882

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2012, 09:01:36 AM »
They were the first company to produce an integrally suppressed AK47, and several other of their AK variants are well renowned.
Its always better to be a first rate version of yourself than a second rate version of someone else.

Yesterday is the past, tomorrow is unknown, today is a gift, thats why they call it the present.

KWA Magpul ERG
G&G Scar L
JG M4A1 enhanced
WE M9 Marine edition
Echo 1 P90
Tri shot Shotgun
G&G MP5

j man 3

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2012, 09:23:55 AM »
that is the main thing they sell is their suppressor line up.  They do know what they are doing though gunsmith wise they seem to be solid.

keasop

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2012, 10:19:39 AM »
Red Jacket will not be making the airsoft guns, Elite Force will they will be replicating the designs and licensing.
Echo 1 ST6
WE 1911 MEU

porkchop

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2012, 03:45:59 PM »
I've read some fairly good reviews of EF's M4 CQB. The spring can be easily removed without opening the gearbox , for fast easy velocity adjustment. On the downside, ROF is a little low and I'm not a big fan of plastic bodied guns. Still, more exposure for airsoft!
"Phase plasma rifle, in a 40 watt range......"

det. mcclane

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2012, 08:25:25 PM »
Personally, I really don't like the show. It's really just another fake reality show, with a bunch of goobers. I was interested to see when Max Brooks showed up for an episode, but it was pretty cheesy and awkward. Maybe the airsoft products will be good, who knows? But the show is crap.

Fenix031882

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2012, 09:00:49 PM »
Im excited because it shows that airsoft is becoming more widely accepted.  Im so tired of hearing all the paintball fanboys talk about how inferior airsoft is, makes me wanna scream.

KWA Magpul ERG
G&G Scar L
JG M4A1 enhanced
WE M9 Marine edition
Echo 1 P90
Tri shot Shotgun
G&G MP5

Joe

• Plastic-Slingin' Primate
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2014, 06:28:22 PM »
Necro thread but recent change in circumstances.  The show has been cancelled:

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2014/08/27/sons-guns-star-arrested-for-allegedly-repeatedly-raping-minor/

Joe
SA Admin
Instigator
Honorary D9 Member
Founding Member, WECSOA*
*Wile E. Coyote School Of Airsmithing

"A man your age . . ."
--Fuzzy

"Anybody got any duct tape?  I need to Joe this gun."
--Reverendff7