Author Topic: *tap*tap*tap*  (Read 5572 times)

Joe

• Plastic-Slingin' Primate
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
*tap*tap*tap*
« on: March 03, 2015, 08:43:50 PM »
Is this thing on?  Hello?  Hello?
Joe
SA Admin
Instigator
Honorary D9 Member
Founding Member, WECSOA*
*Wile E. Coyote School Of Airsmithing

"A man your age . . ."
--Fuzzy

"Anybody got any duct tape?  I need to Joe this gun."
--Reverendff7

Supercell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • So Go Airsoft
Re: *tap*tap*tap*
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 11:49:35 PM »
I think facebook and things like Instagram are making it easier to communicate now days.
Just my 2 cents worth.
Jon

Fenix031882

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 06:12:05 PM »
I was just listening to Guerilla airsoft radio podcast today and they where commenting on the death of message boards because of social media.......
Its always better to be a first rate version of yourself than a second rate version of someone else.

Yesterday is the past, tomorrow is unknown, today is a gift, thats why they call it the present.

KWA Magpul ERG
G&G Scar L
JG M4A1 enhanced
WE M9 Marine edition
Echo 1 P90
Tri shot Shotgun
G&G MP5

det. mcclane

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 09:31:02 PM »
Yeah, I've been seeing this for the last couple of years. There used to be a huge number of interesting threads in many of the forums I read, and now it's down to bare bones and kids trying to sell Walmart junk guns. Granted, most of the FB threads are not any better, grammar and spelling being atrocious. However, it is much easier to just click the like button rather than signing up for yet another forum, I believe is the prevailing idea. I notice that even Arnie's Airsoft, which is a huge English forum, has pretty much died down to nothing. There used to be various loadout threads for various time periods and themes, picture threads about gear and guns, all manner of discussion. Now, it's down to "R8 or H8" whatever stupid identical loadout that someone posts on FB. I do miss the days of the forums, but I fear they are fast drawing to a close. I miss being able to ask questions about mag compatability or where to find a piece of gear and get a literate, well written response. The last few "goof off" threads I have posted longwinded thoughts in have been met with 3 word responses. I don't mean to be a downer or anything, but I'm ok if this forum has to be shut down. It's not really even being used, and I know it has to be a drain to keep up and running.   
 In any case, I have rambled on long enough.  "And I for one welcome our new overlords." Kent Brockman, Channel 6 news

Joe

• Plastic-Slingin' Primate
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2015, 09:43:32 AM »
Well, this is a fine kettle of fish!  I'll just have to log into the information superhighway interweb to open an account on MyFacester and show everyone I'm not out of touch with The Young People of Today.

I'm doomed, aren't I?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 10:33:02 AM by Joe »
Joe
SA Admin
Instigator
Honorary D9 Member
Founding Member, WECSOA*
*Wile E. Coyote School Of Airsmithing

"A man your age . . ."
--Fuzzy

"Anybody got any duct tape?  I need to Joe this gun."
--Reverendff7

Shifty

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2015, 09:44:52 PM »
Facebook is the enemy!
haha you're right, I was an idiot last night.

Princess

• German Camo, German Guns, German Beverages
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2015, 01:15:11 AM »
I come to look for events....

But Ye Olde discussions are a thing of the past.
Formally known as Delt.
Rule #1: Look Good
Remember: Pimpin' ain't easy

SoNorUs

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2015, 09:32:20 PM »
Yep, facebook and IG have taken over. Can't win the fight against technology. It's like the borg. I forget about messages boards now-a-days.

Reverandff7

• Playing smarter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2015, 12:51:03 PM »
           Well see its funny about that though because if you look at the actual activity of the forums no one posts things, but people look at it all the time especially from there phones. That is the thing we have to make it like we would a phone app. I also think that the smf has an app as well its just using it is the problem. But you are all right... FB and IG are just to much to keep up with even if you have a lot to say. I mean hell even twitter is good for airsoft.
Travis Perry
N.O.V.A. Team Leader
G&G SIG553
Custom SIG552
H&k Umerex G36CV
We G17
CYMA 030(with highcap mag)

Network Of Violent Activities - Thats what we are and what we do.

netshark993

• Come to the darkside, we have cookie.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2015, 12:24:16 PM »
Bit of a necropost, But much more people are relying on tablets and phones as their only access to internet. Forums are not very mobile friendly compare to facebook, and twitter. Plus people use twitter and facebook and twitter constantly so they can see all of the information they want to see alongside what would normally be seen on forums. I think that forums will live, just will become the slower and more easily accessed treasure troves of the internet, Almost like a library of relevant knowledge. For myself anything I have trouble with, Forums always have the answer somewhere deep down.
P* advocate

Supercell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • So Go Airsoft
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2015, 02:45:12 PM »
You are right sir.  I still believe that forums have their place.  Facebook and such is so fullllllllll of crappy info.  And so many opinions.  In the next 30 days I am hoping for this to be a little busier.  Working on a few things that will spark things up a bit.
I know folks are still checking.  Just not posting.  So info will still be shared.

Thanks
Jon
So Go Airsoft
Supercell

netshark993

• Come to the darkside, we have cookie.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2015, 11:33:29 PM »
I haven't even been checking as of late due to that I know I can't play because of temporary financial issues. But as they are clearing up I've been around again. Hopefully I'll start coming to play again soon.
P* advocate

Supercell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • So Go Airsoft
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2015, 11:42:06 PM »
Cool. Always working on new things.
Thanks
Jon
Sogoairsoft

Reverandff7

• Playing smarter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2015, 02:01:46 PM »
I check and post as much as i can... I know its a bit dead but im hoping for the best
Travis Perry
N.O.V.A. Team Leader
G&G SIG553
Custom SIG552
H&k Umerex G36CV
We G17
CYMA 030(with highcap mag)

Network Of Violent Activities - Thats what we are and what we do.

Supercell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • So Go Airsoft
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2015, 07:02:39 PM »
Keep that mode of thinking.  It will be.

Jon
So Go Airsoft