Author Topic: AAR: OP Broken Home  (Read 3812 times)

Metal

• View Profile
AAR: OP Broken Home
« on: May 28, 2012, 01:41:53 PM »
Going into this OP I was really curious how things were going to turn out seeing Frost, JP, and Biglar at the helm instead of some of the previous years' OP producers, but I knew I would NOT be disapointed.

Some of Delta 9 showed up at the AO on Thursday to set up camp and such. By Friday when I arrived, my team mates had already been out helping setting up stationary CCP tents on the AO. I arrived soon enough to only lend a hand with one. While we were doing that, Jager, Grendel, and some of the other Regulators were helping with the 'Duce Tours'. So...CoST PLT1, HOOOAAAHH!!!

Delta 9 got up around 6am to start gearing up even though some of us were up past midnight prepping most of our gear. I had a nice MRE breakfast and was goodtogo. Despite having several members on our roster having to skip the OP due to health reasons, we were still in good standings (in my opinion) with about 9 per squad in CoST PLT1 squads 1-2 and 1-3. Pre-game rally happened pretty much right on time unlike most OPs that have it sometimes 30 minutes to occasionally an hour late. Breifing was short, sweet, and to the point due to the genius of doing small safety briefings the previous day every hour. Delta 9 was given orders from Rocketman to head into the 'valley' area by St. Mariaglese (spl?) and dig in to prep for an invasion/ambush. Come to find out USF was invading from several different points and if we failed our mission of holding the USF oppessive war machine back, our bretheren in Colleville would be fighting a battle on two fronts. Not long after game on squad 1-2 heard the faint rumble of the duce's diesel engines tromping down the road towards us. Not long after that we heard shots being fired. Within minutes the USF was upon us with furry. Squad 1-2, who was down in the main valley, bounded back for a tactical retreat and the USF ignorantly and blindly took the bait. While I had to return to camp to retrive a more relible primary weapon, squad 1-2 drew the USF into a meat grinder trap lead by squads 1-1 and 1-3 from either side of the valley. Upon my return squad 1-1 and 1-2 were on the west hillside giving the USF forces a literal kick in the giblets. Also, the USF wasn't paying any attention at all to their rear, where I was. I quickly moved in slaying all USF without red rags out with my trusty AK74U. Eventually it got so close that I drew my 1911 and took out 7-10 more at close range. I was only a few feet away from getting my first axe kill when one of the USF dead shouted 'dude, look out!' and another USF soldier heard it and snapped around with his gun pointing at me, so I just took the safetly kill. That move earned me an 'Outstanding Operator' award. Unfortunately all those cool engraved mags had ran out, so I settled for a comemorative mag and TONS of the special white/silver AMS star patches. Squad 1-2 quickly reacted to my move and swooped in, pushed the USF out, Delt medic-ed me, and we re-captured our forward CCP. USF was then choaked down to their mobile FOB at the mouth of the valley. After seeing what we had just done to them, they tried to do the same to us, but we expected exactly that. Again, squad 1-2 held their ground in the middle while squads 1-1 and 1-3 beat their flanking elements to a pulp. Squad 1-2 started to push up to make an even tighter choke point for the USF while unknowingly some of our OP Bright Rain VI buddies from ARA moved in from the right and obliterated them to where they just plain had to leave the valley and join their other USF bretheren getting pounded around Pegasus Bridge outside of Colleville. Again, PLT1....HOOOAAAAHH!!! We were then ordered to swing into Colleville from the North through the Air Field. Upon arriving in the Air Field, we met up with team Mystery Squad who informed Nasty, Joe, Grim, and myself that we would soon have a special mission with them involving infil/exfil with the helo. Until that time we moved into Coleville. Upon arriving there we were notified that USF was trying to flank from the we slope outside Coleville, so squads 1-2 and 1-3 moved in to put an end to that immediately. Helios, Nasty and myself bounded our 3-man fire team down the slope and to the south meeting up with our buddy Snake (the owner of Impact Tactical airsoft and Snake's LZ). Snake was quick to help point out confirmed enemy positions and movements to us to help us mount a better counter flank. In the end our whole 3 man fire team was eliminated by USF, but we helped thin them out enough to where our fellow CoST team members were able to make quick work of them, so our actions weren't in vain. As Nasty and I returned to Coleville to stand at the CCP after bleeding out, we were instructed to head back to the Air Field for our infil/exfil with Mystery Squad. Unfortunately through a miscommunication, all of Mystery squad was helo-ed out and we were left behind for a fairly long wait. Thankfully CrankySmurf drove by and set our infil/exfil in motion. Nasty and I were the first to be lifted out, but due to Cranky needing a little extra time to set our mission up (again) we got a little extra time in the whirley bird while we were awaiting out drop off. Durring that time I experienced the ride of my life that surpassed ANY roller coaster I've ever been on. That was my first helo ride, and I got to shoot people from out of the doors, what more could you ask for? Upon landing, Nasty and I exited and set up as best a defensive perimeter as we could with only two people with our backs facing one another. As soon as the helo lifted off we waited a little more, then I put my PC back on and we started to head back over to Cranky to get our mission outline. In doing so, I heard fire coming from my 6 and then heard Nasty shout 'HIT HIT HIT!' to which I just ran into the woods not even stopping to look back at what had just taken Nasty out. Knowing that Grim and Joe would be landing soon, I laid in wait in the tree line for any movement from enemy forces. As soon as Joe and Grim were dropped off, they were taken out too. I then tried to make a mad dash for the V2 rocket, but was taken out by yet another USF element. By this time, Cranky informed us all that there was only 15 minutes remaining in the OP until break was called initiating the night game, so we all just hitched a ride with Cranky back to camp. For some reason, however, a lot of our CoST bretheren were getting shipped out of Coleville when USF made a final big push into Coleville. This was either miscommunication or a really cheap ploy by the admins to get the USF any kind of a foot hold into Coleville as they were unable to do it prior.

We all got up early again Sunday and geared up. We again had some members drop out. Grim had taken a nasty spill in Coleville the day before and was complaining of a severely sore and stiffened knee. Jody3 was simply AWOL as he had said he was going to return in the morning but no one had seen or heard from him. Hound took some ibuprofen and got back into the fight despite fighting as long as he could the previous day on his torn ACL. Again we rallied and then headed out. This day was looking to be a massive BB storm in Coleville as the admins were going to let USF start just outside of Coleville and CoST start a little farther out. The basis was that whomever controlled Coleville at the end of the day was the winner, but actaully if it was still contested by CoST the invading USF forces would technically have NOT accomplished their invasion and lost, meaning Oklahoma had successfully suceeded from the USA by fending off the invasion. Upon game on, we piled on to Edge's ATV like a bunch of circus showmen. Edge drove while Helios sat on front working his MK34, I was sitting 'bitch' while using my holding Nasty and Bash on the side rails. I'm suprised our fat asses didn't kill Edge's ATV. That was pretty funny and interesing, thank you, Edge for allowing us to use you ATV out there! By the time we got to Coleville, despite the ATV, USF had already taked all of the town up to the North side structure. I heard a lot of discouraged fellow CoST members saying things like 'well they're in there now, now we'll never get it back' or 'There's no hope now. We've already lost'. I'm not a quiter, I just don't do it. Sometimes my determination resembles one of the deffiniteions of insanity, "trying the same thing over and over expecting different results". The rest of PLT1 was of the same mindset, so we pushed hard following the APC that crushed the little Honda car (EPIC!). We then were told that USF was AGAIN trying to flank from the west, and AGAIN Helios, Nasty and myself ran our 3-man fire team down the slope to reinforce some of our already dug in CoST fighters. By the time we arrived, the USF flanking force had already been mosty haulted, but some stragglers were left giving us some troubles. Our D9 fire team lead a ballsy counter flank whiping ALL USF forces from the West slope of Coleville. In doing this we lost only Helios. I made it all the way to the port-a-johns and a supposed SF or M.O.D. tent before getting hit and bleeding out. Nasty didn't return back to Coleville for some time, so I have so assume he and the rest of the CoST counter flank gave the USF one hell of a bad day. Upon bleeding out and returning to the CCP, I returned to Coleville as radio communication was severely disrupted and there was sheer chaos in Coleville. I actually met up with one of our 'add-ons' who if I remember right was Jockey and we went back into Coleville assisting some stranded elements of squad 1-3 and some of my old CG18 buddies on QRF making a heroic flank to the East of Coleville. TAK was being ran ragged with all the healing he was doing. As some of the QRF swung far left, I moved in towards the church as I saw a young member of the Outlaws jumping through the window in the the church. I was hit in the neck almost immediately from outside the church and then again by fellow CoST members. As I was bleeding out from outside the church, Jockey ran up and did this crazy Chuck Norris sweep on the side of the church by litterally hip firing and taking out around 7 USF. He even had time to stop and say sorry to the first guy he shot danger close and then continue to shoot more USF. I again bled out and returned to the CCP. When I came back into Coleville I simply went where I thought I was needed the most as comms were still terrible and I couldn't locate any fellow squad members. I was part of a major CoST push to the South West from the North East side of Coleville that cam dangerously close to totally pushing the USF out. During this we had to call a 'cease fire' due to a cold smoke starting a grass fire, and with the wind we were having that day, it had to be addressed and put out IMMEDIATELY. It was great to see that despite all the combat and animosity, CoST and USF labels fell away was we all in close proximity to the blaze dropped our guns and ran to put the fire out. We then reset and contunued the storm of BB's that were flying around in Coleville. I then pretty much held out at the Strip Mall with some fellow 1-2 members and QRF members. I went through more ammo in this hour than I've gone through in several previous entire OPs combined. Several times I was encountering so many USF's rushing our postition that I was running my AK through an entire mid cap on full auto without stop. Within the last 20 minutes of the OP, Delt and Hound were backing me up and I had to bumb two AK mags from Delt. I burned thorugh those almost instantly. I then switched to my 1911 still taking down at least one USF every 2 shots. I then ran out of ammo for my 1911. I couldn't reload however because I gave my ramaning stash of BB's to a fellow CoST SAW gunner on the condition that he used them ALL in shooting USF. Hound then threw me his M9 which I again continued to lay out USF at only about 20yds away and ran through a whole mag in no time. I was then given Hounds second pistol mag and ran through all but 5rds left until a USF made a great shot on me and I was no longer able to be healed. It was no big deal as I was shot out literally within the last couple minutes of game play. CoST succeeded in helping Oklahoma suceed from the USA by fending off the USF war machine!

Overall this was easily the best OP I've been to in all my MilSim years. My sincere thanks go out to Frosty, JP, and 'BO' and all the other AMS crew that made this OP what it was. Delta 9 had several first time MilSim-ers and even seasoned MilSim-ers saying the same. Nasty and I agree that from no on, we will NEVER miss out on the helo ride and will be getting SAW's to do a gun run next year. UBER KUDOS again to the AMS crew!!! Delta 9 cannot wait to see what you guys have in store for the MilSim community next!

I would also like to say that Joe was able to hang in there will all us 'youngsters' out there in the heat, and frankly he did it in stride. Good job, Joe!

Reverandff7

• Playing smarter
    • View Profile
Re: AAR: OP Broken Home
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 05:47:54 PM »
Hell yea guys way to be... hopefully some more will try to join you next year. I have been talking to my team and this sounds like alot of fun for sure.
Travis Perry
N.O.V.A. Team Leader
G&G SIG553
Custom SIG552
H&k Umerex G36CV
We G17
CYMA 030(with highcap mag)

Network Of Violent Activities - Thats what we are and what we do.

keasop

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 06:00:48 PM »
ya im getting stuff together for next years
Echo 1 ST6
WE 1911 MEU

Metal

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 04:23:02 AM »
If you can swing the cash, RIDE IN THE HELO!!!! You won't regret it.

Boba Fett

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 10:23:55 PM »
Man, I skipped out on this one cause 1; I had to work, and 2; I've been down about the MSE shutdown and am disappointed at no OKI. But in any case next year I'll be 18 and hope to go to my first real game. :) (sucks that I've been playing for 5 years and never been mil-simming yet!)

Jbagel21

• View Profile
    • Springfield Instigator
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2012, 11:36:09 PM »
Boba, from everyone I heard talk about it the new group (American Milsim) is all the quality admins from MSE, and Broken Home turned out much better and smoother than past events.
"A professional makes his work play, and his play practice."

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and like it, never really care for anything else thereafter."  Ernest Hemingway