Author Topic: Op Ossetia AAR  (Read 3675 times)

Jbagel21

• View Profile
    • Springfield Instigator
Op Ossetia AAR
« on: February 17, 2013, 05:58:58 PM »
Guys, let's hear it! The good, the bad, and the HECK YEAH!
"A professional makes his work play, and his play practice."

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and like it, never really care for anything else thereafter."  Ernest Hemingway

scottxxx

• View Profile
Re: Op Ossetia AAR
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 06:57:09 PM »
I had a lot of fun, the weather was great and from what I saw everyone was playing vary well. Only thing I regret is not bringing more ammo on me to the field kept running out of ammo befor I hot hit lol.

Jbagel21

• View Profile
    • Springfield Instigator
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 07:29:14 PM »
For those that could not make it out to the op, you all missed an outstanding game. The weather shaped up into one of the most perfect environments we could have asked for! From my count we had around 45 players, which really surprised me due to the game being on a Sunday; registration and chrono moved a little slower than we planned resulting in the game kicking off an hour later than scheduled.
As soon as the game started, we (Tan team) made a dash for the bridge, completely bypassing the first village (Mishko). Thanks to that, we were able to secure the bridge and move part of our right flank into the creek bed, giving us a decent position to fight from. Green hit us hard, focusing on our right flank while probing our center, inflicting several casualties. Jarrett, our TAC-P, gave us a brilliant demonstration of how effective the airstrikes can be by clearing the Green at our center, allowing us to occupy that area and put pressure on the Green troops hitting our right flank. Meanwhile, Rev and the two Scotts secured our left. The fighting in the creek beds went back and forth for about an hour, again with a number of casualties but no major gains by either team.
While the majority of our attention was on the right and center, a squad from Green team hit our relatively weak left. Scott and Scott somehow managed to hold them off over the course of several assaults, saving our center and forcing Green to fall back. As all of Tan team was communicating well and holding their ground, I left command in Metal’s hands and took a little stroll up the center: no one seemed to notice me so I went a little further and came in behind the Green squad on our left, trapping them between myself and the Scotts… problem solved. Once they were cleared out, I moved up to the Gorzania area and captured the spawn point there, ambushing a small group of Green that were completely unaware we were behind them. About this time, our entire Team finally drove the remaining Green out of the creek area and across the field except for a stubborn three man team that was attempting to move back up the creek bed. Metal led a group to hit their front, while Bash and I circled behind them, taking them out after a brief firefight. Immediately thereafter, lunch index was called.
After lunch, we left a four man team at Gorzania, and set up defensive positions around the bridge, expecting a major assault by Green. Rev and his merry crew at Gorzania held up the Green attack long enough for us to reinforce our left, while our right flank under Cody again found themselves under heavy fire. After about thirty minutes, our right flank again managed to push Green from the creek area, and moved into the treeline to prevent any further Green advances in that area. During this time Green launched a brutal assault on our left, but did not seem to get far from what I could see and hear of it.
For the final battle of the day, it was decided that we would attempt a “POW rescue” mission deep in Green territory. Cody and Metal lead two elements up the left side, Rev and his team worked their way up the far right while I went up the middle with a small team. Green was well entrenched in the treeline, and despite our best attempts at destroying their flanks they held strong. Unable to call in any airstrikes and taking heavy fire, we found ourselves in a deadlock until the time ran out.
Overall, I have nothing but good to say about the guys I had the pleasure of leading today; you all communicated well, keeping each other informed the situation as it developed and calling targets perfectly. Everyone moved on cue, followed orders and fought like banshees; often I would find two or three of you holding off much larger groups of Green. You worked together as the team you were, and it showed, well done!
Our new airstrike rules seemed to be a hit, both teams used them effectively; Delt, excellent job coordinating that! Everyone who came out played well; I heard no complaints about hit calling or attitudes, and at the end of the day everyone seemed to have had fun regardless of which side they were on. Green, today may have been a loss for you, but you took it with class; thank you! You all made today fun, and that’s what it is all about!
"A professional makes his work play, and his play practice."

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and like it, never really care for anything else thereafter."  Ernest Hemingway

Reverandff7

• Playing smarter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 09:19:14 AM »
The objectives were easy to understand. The play was very fluid and everything went smooth. There were no people that didnt understand what was going on around us. I know on TAN we had a few gun issues but whats a SA game without gun issues. I had a blast and i was greatful inspite of my injury that I was able to go and be a interesting role. I think that the POW add was perfect idea because it really helped green try to get there togetherness back. Anyways that is my two cents.
Travis Perry
N.O.V.A. Team Leader
G&G SIG553
Custom SIG552
H&k Umerex G36CV
We G17
CYMA 030(with highcap mag)

Network Of Violent Activities - Thats what we are and what we do.

Rockstar

• Lead by example
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 10:16:26 PM »
I must say I had a great time! Although it was a loss for us, I learned a lot from this game. I'll be looking forward to the next op's to come. It was a little different than I had viewed it in my mind beforehand but not entirely different. I enjoyed myself greatly, but I think CQB is more my style.
Austin Metcalf
C.A.M.O Member

-"Sir, we're surrounded!"
-"Perfect. We can attack in any direction."

Reverandff7

• Playing smarter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2013, 04:26:27 PM »
I would like to mention I still have a Glove that was found from the TAN team on the field. I just do not remember who's it was I know at the debreifing I was suppose to hook up with you but I do apologize. Please let me know if you guys know who this is so I can send it to SoGo and they can pick it up there.
Travis Perry
N.O.V.A. Team Leader
G&G SIG553
Custom SIG552
H&k Umerex G36CV
We G17
CYMA 030(with highcap mag)

Network Of Violent Activities - Thats what we are and what we do.

singerson2

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2013, 06:58:16 PM »

The glove was mine. I got sidetracted and forgot as well. I will PM you about it.

I had a great time out there. Even with the slow start, I thought it went very well.