Author Topic: molle vests and pouches  (Read 18845 times)

Reverandff7

• Playing smarter
    • View Profile
Re: molle vests and pouches
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2010, 01:22:02 AM »
HAHA im glade my misfortune is funny for you guys lol
Travis Perry
N.O.V.A. Team Leader
G&G SIG553
Custom SIG552
H&k Umerex G36CV
We G17
CYMA 030(with highcap mag)

Network Of Violent Activities - Thats what we are and what we do.

Alpha42

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2010, 10:58:00 PM »
Well, if you're looking for a plate carrier, here is what I would suggest:  The Condor MOPC.  Here is a video review:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Js3A_-cJEIM

If you want a chest rig only, here is the video review for that:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91aJDFEJHpY

Nutnfancy is a really good gear reviewer, and the options above are really high-value options.  Good luch choosing your gear!

Joe

• Plastic-Slingin' Primate
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2010, 12:47:37 AM »

"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die."

--Mel Brooks

Joe
SA Admin
Instigator
Honorary D9 Member
Founding Member, WECSOA*
*Wile E. Coyote School Of Airsmithing

"A man your age . . ."
--Fuzzy

"Anybody got any duct tape?  I need to Joe this gun."
--Reverendff7

netshark993

• Come to the darkside, we have cookie.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2010, 03:26:15 AM »

"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die."

--Mel Brooks

Props for the Mel Brooks quote. haha
P* advocate

Reverandff7

• Playing smarter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2010, 09:13:39 AM »
Well, if you're looking for a plate carrier, here is what I would suggest:  The Condor MOPC.  Here is a video review:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Js3A_-cJEIM

If you want a chest rig only, here is the video review for that:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91aJDFEJHpY

Nutnfancy is a really good gear reviewer, and the options above are really high-value options.  Good luch choosing your gear!

I dont think i have seen this before... i still think a swat vest mis better for CQB
Travis Perry
N.O.V.A. Team Leader
G&G SIG553
Custom SIG552
H&k Umerex G36CV
We G17

j man 3

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2010, 09:01:28 AM »
yeah nutinfancy is the best!

Dragon

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2010, 10:55:29 AM »
Well, if you're looking for a plate carrier, here is what I would suggest:  The Condor MOPC.  Here is a video review:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Js3A_-cJEIM

That is very similar to my ( Much cheaper ) condor PC.  Mine just doesn't have the side options/cumber bun.

At first I thought I would miss the real-estate those side panels offer, and I did when looking for places to mount extra pistol mags. ( I like whipping the m229 or 24/7 out in Sogos frequently.)

But after using the PC, I've noticed,, there's nothing there to get in the way.  I have more mobility , and my sling doesn't catch on anything on my sides, and it allows for a lower profile.

It's kinda a trade off, between carrying a bit extra gear on the system, or a more comfortable, more mobility fit.

It is comfortable though. Even with a hydro on the back, full of water... I'm aware the weight is there from it being loaded, but it carries very nice. I've worn it all day at Sogo's and out on the field, and it didn't bother me once.
I can get up and down easily in it too... squatting is no issue.

For extra real-estate, I do use a web pistol belt ( Alice/Malice compatible) , where I hang some extras. I drop legged my side-arm. I have an extra Canteen on the belt ( you can never carry too much water.), a dump pouch on the belt. ( the dump pouch was actually a drop leg pouch, but it was bulky and didn't feel right on the leg, so I converted it.)  The belt would allow me to use more pistol mags if needed, and i still have my left leg free for a drop leg platform if i desired more molle real-estate.

That way, I still can carry my systems, configure different load-outs, and still retain comfort and mobility.

I kinda wish mine was multi-cam , other than ACU... but it was a shipping/product mistake from where I ordered it, and the company made up for it ( the original was out of stock.) by sending a woodland/multi-cam tac vest that I loan out to folks now.

It came with some pouches.  It's tough to configure the pouches just where you want them, because of the contour shape , some of the webs don't exactly line up from row to row. On the top is narrower, so it's missing a web row, where the bottom has one or two more.
However, I found how to make it work...

Came with a triple AR mag pouch, not kangaroo. I both like that feature and hate it. I like the secure fold-over Velcro pouches, assures me no dirt or falling out mags, but it's slightly not as fast as a kangaroo. Plus, when you are trying to be quiet... there's the "KKKRRRIIIICCKKK" sound.
These mags fit AR mags decent, a snug fit for g36 and AK mags, but if you don't mind wrestling those out a bit, will hold them. Each AR pouch will house 3 MP5 mags nicely though! I could carry nine extra mags for the MP5 ( perfect for Sogo's) plus one in the gun.

Came with a up-right utility pouch. This pouch has molle real-estate on it, so you can mount something on it's front if desired too.  I carry my balaclava and death rag in it... shove any extras ( candy-bar) into it. It's not huge, just kinda big enough.

Came with a big style admin pouch.  I think a smaller admin would work much better... but this one does work. It has a suppressor/flashlight velcro closed pouch on it, two slots for the admin pouch to house maps, plans, notebook... ect. I'm pretty sure it'd snug in a pen or something to, but I usually don't carry one of those. Has a velcro area on the front, lots of room for patches.

I've added two pistol pouches on it's front... I'm still trying to configure those a bit better.

Latest addition was the Condor OD green Hydro Carrier ... which is super nice to have. Bought at Sogo's, and if you guys don't have one, Jon can probably hook you up! It has real-estate webbing too. So a shot-gun scabbard, or back mounted options are possible.  Everything is kinda hard to reach back there though... so think about it before adding any system and all that.
( I think D-9 plans on putting a few extra mag pouches on our backs there, carry extras so a team mate could grab one if needed and go. ) Along with water, you can never carry too much usable ammo.

I've been looking for a butt-pack/pouch to go on the bottom side  of the hydro carrier. Something to carry extras in for those places where play is extended. Just big enough to carry a few bottles of ammo, a bag of ammo... but I don't want it too bulky , that would ruin the profile in many positions.

Of course mine isn't for real steel like Nutnfancy's was. It was made for airsoft specifically.

I don't have plates in the carrier... it's really stiff enough, they aren't needed, and I could buy the 18 dollar foam padded plates that fit it from somewhere, or I could go a cheaper route and just custom cut some cardboard or foam board and shove up in there if I was worried about it.  I'm not though. I can get hit in the PC by a 500FPS .30 and won't feel it at all.  I hear it, but don't feel it.

Over-all I give it 4 bullets out of 5.  It is comfortable, even wearing it all day. It's practical, and configurable.
I love it, and like it 10 times better than your standard cross-draw tac vest. ( SWAT Vest ) .
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 11:11:19 PM by Dragon »

Reverandff7

• Playing smarter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2010, 02:10:12 PM »
Dragon... i love how your so thero... i mean dude for real you get everything out there... just takes me forever to go thru it all lol. Your like an Airsoft Wikipidiea... a Dragonsoftpidia if you would...
Travis Perry
N.O.V.A. Team Leader
G&G SIG553
Custom SIG552
H&k Umerex G36CV
We G17

Dragon

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2010, 02:48:12 PM »
Hahaha!

j man 3

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2010, 07:48:39 PM »
write a book!

Dragon

« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2010, 08:50:45 PM »
The way these guys say it.. I could only stop short of writing a entire encyclopedia, lol.

j man 3

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2010, 10:35:30 PM »
go for it!!!

Reverandff7

• Playing smarter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2010, 07:00:13 AM »
Its truth bro!
Travis Perry
N.O.V.A. Team Leader
G&G SIG553
Custom SIG552
H&k Umerex G36CV
We G17

Dragon

« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2010, 10:33:09 AM »
well....

I can't write anymore about the PC. I said all I know about it already.

Reverandff7

• Playing smarter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2010, 12:38:47 PM »
Ok so whats the big differnce between molle and tac?
Travis Perry
N.O.V.A. Team Leader
G&G SIG553
Custom SIG552
H&k Umerex G36CV
We G17