Author Topic: molle vests and pouches  (Read 18852 times)

Dragon

Re: molle vests and pouches
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2010, 01:31:07 PM »
I'm not sure I understand the question... but I'll give it a crack.

Molle is the tac gear that has webbing that accepts gear fairly easily. It's all connected by straps... where as Alice gear used Alice or Malice clips to hold everything in place more or less.  I am pretty sure you can put almost anything ALICE on a Molle too if desired.
Molle means it's configurable... that you take a base ( the vest or PC ) and can put what you want on it, gives options to pick and choose what you carry for the mission you are going to do. You can configure sever different load-outs for the same base if wanted. ( like if you decide to use pistols only in Sogo... you could set it up for a pistol load out. Next week, your going to play a field game, so you re-do it and put your rifle pouches on it... ect. ) You can arrange it how you like, and works best for you.

Most Tac vest ... if they aren't Molle ( configurable pouches more or less ) have fixed mag pouches, and utility pouches on them.

A full vest and some Plate Carriers ( PCs) cover the entire torso of an operator.  Most these full cover options, when loaded ( full of mags, and gear) can weight a hefty amount... and in my opinion, limit mobility.  I had found it hard to squat down, or even just bend over while staying low a bit difficult at times wearing, especially when loaded. ( Mags don't "bend" when you do. ) It generally forces you to keep your torso straighter , having to rely on bending at the knees more than bending at the waist.  Doing that, sometimes you can't duck or get down quick enough to save you when someone pops shots at you.. or simply can't get down low enough. ( like behind a low wall, or structure, and still remain in a up-right, non prone position.)

In real life , real battle situations... you'd probably want to loose mobility, for the extra protection... but in airsoft I personally feel mobility is far better than heavy protection.

Tac vest... are just that. Tactical Vest. It is put on, and worn like a vest.  Some real tac vest are lined with bullet proof material, or rated to stop bullets by kevlar and other absorbing impact systems.
Airsoft vest are modeled after these... usually with all the pouches you'd generally need for the job they are designed for. ( usually Urban Assault , like SWAT team, or Urban CQB environments. )

A PC .. is worn somewhat like a vest, but it straps or buckles on , and uses actual plates for extra heavy armor protection.  Some have some other impact absorbing weaves built in on top of using plates.
A real PC plates are 7 pounds each for the lightest rating plates... and go up from there.  
pretty good at stopping bullet shots that would normally injure you or kill you... but ... they aren't 100% protection either.
Most PCs are designed to be load bearing... which means weight is generally displaced across the stronger parts of your body, so the weight doesn't seem as heavy when carrying gear. ( Like your waist and shoulders.) 

( Just like a Kevlar helmet PSGT issued by Army Infantry to it's foot soldiers... will stop a 50 cal bullet in a direct hit... saving a hole in your head... but it will not stop the force of the bullet from breaking your neck on impact. It's situational in both the PCs and Helmet... giving you a 50% better chance to survive... depending on what exactly and how exactly it happened. Very situational. )

Airsoft PCs are much lighter ( unless you are hardcore and use an actual Eagle PC system. ) thank goodness.  Now they come out with the RAVs and Modular FOX , and MOPC systems for airsoft... it's a bit easier to have a realistic looking system, but much more comfortable and mobile base to use.

Unlike a "chest rig" ... both the VEST and PCs offer back options, where it's easier to have water carriers , and extra gear for your load outs.  Chest rigs are generally juts designed for carrying all the ammo you need for a mission and mags in most cases, any extras like water, ect... have to be provided another way... or extra stuff you'd wear like a back pack are needed for extended duty/assault.

Alright, there's ya another chapter in Dragonpedia to read, lol!
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 01:38:22 PM by Dragon »

j man 3

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2010, 09:50:09 PM »
you lie!!!

Dragon

« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2010, 10:31:10 PM »
How so?  ???

I mean, I never claimed to be an expert... and I probably gave too much info... and didn't quite understand what was asked, so I gave a very general answer based on my own observations and experience.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 10:56:38 PM by Dragon »

j man 3

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2010, 08:49:53 AM »
im jk im messing with you

Dragon

« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2010, 11:19:19 AM »
oh, .. lol....
I even went and researched some of what I didn't know 100%  cause I was worried I misled someone. Good one J

j man 3

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2010, 11:34:22 AM »
"dont be crazy!" - Nacho Libre
lol well glad to hear that you like straight facts

Reverandff7

• Playing smarter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2010, 06:09:20 PM »
Hey there is no better then straight facts bro. I mean if we were wrong about everything we suggested then people would not take any advice. What would happen if you really knew something about a subject but they didnt head your warning... boy who cryied wolf. (This made no sense when i typed it but im keeping it anyway lol. Ill figure out what i mean later when im not so tired.)
Travis Perry
N.O.V.A. Team Leader
G&G SIG553
Custom SIG552
H&k Umerex G36CV
We G17
CYMA 030(with highcap mag)

Network Of Violent Activities - Thats what we are and what we do.

j man 3

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2010, 07:34:13 PM »
well wake up!

Boba Fett

« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2010, 02:57:21 PM »
wow Dragonpedia FTW! :D

Reverandff7

• Playing smarter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2010, 06:29:41 PM »
well anywaysback to the matter at hand molle vests and pouches. Now what kind of pouchs does everyone suggest for stuff... p90 clips and stuff of the like
Travis Perry
N.O.V.A. Team Leader
G&G SIG553
Custom SIG552
H&k Umerex G36CV
We G17

Dragon

« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2010, 09:30:03 PM »
Bull Pups are not my thing, so I really have no idea. 

I am not even sure what size the mags are for a p90 to be honest.  ... but I know you could always magwell convert one to accept AR mags ( M16/m4 mags ) ... then most pouches and accessories would fit those nicely.

Joe

• Plastic-Slingin' Primate
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2010, 10:38:52 PM »
well anywaysback to the matter at hand molle vests and pouches. Now what kind of pouchs does everyone suggest for stuff... p90 clips and stuff of the like

My limited experience with P90 magazines is this:

SAW and M4/AK magazine pouches are too short for P90 magazines.  Suppressor and MP5 magazine pouches are too short and too narrow.

Flare pouches are a perfect fit for P90 magazines.  They have elastic at the closed end that makes closing the pouch a little rough at first.  The elastic will wear in with time and use.

You can also use a medium to large dump pouch for P90 magazines.  Put the P90 magazines one end up and they're loaded and ready.  Place the other end up and they need to be reloaded.  This way you can tell, at a touch, which magazines are good to go.

There are forum members with more P90 experience.  Perhaps one or more of you could chime in with your thoughts and experiences?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 10:46:07 PM by Joe »
Joe
SA Admin
Instigator
Honorary D9 Member
Founding Member, WECSOA*
*Wile E. Coyote School Of Airsmithing

"A man your age . . ."
--Fuzzy

"Anybody got any duct tape?  I need to Joe this gun."
--Reverendff7

Boba Fett

« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2010, 10:32:15 PM »
I. Hate. P90. Mag. Size. lol

I have a P90 mag pouch, and it is TIGHT. Have to really wrestle that sucker in and out. I usually do like Joe said and use my dump pouch.

I also made a dropleg system for that P90 mag pouch, so it's lower and I can get more leverage to pull it out.

Reverandff7

• Playing smarter
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2010, 07:07:02 AM »
Wow is it really that hard?
Travis Perry
N.O.V.A. Team Leader
G&G SIG553
Custom SIG552
H&k Umerex G36CV
We G17

Dragon

« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2010, 12:35:48 PM »
you'd think as popular as the p90 got all a sudden, they'd make more molle options for it.