Author Topic: TANIO KOBA USP .40 TACTICAL  (Read 4943 times)

Shifty

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
TANIO KOBA USP .40 TACTICAL
« on: January 25, 2011, 09:25:36 PM »
The Story:

Tanio Koba is considered the grandfather of airsoft. Tokyo Marui came to him to design their legendary GBB systems for most of their pistol series. If you love your TM guns, then in turn you love TK.

TK left TM and continued to make guns under his name in a small shop in very small numbers. One of the most popular was the USP Tactical, unfortunately for me it is also one of the most sought after guns in the Japanese market. So getting your hands on one in the states is pretty rare. I spent almost two years tracking one down, and finally I found one with the help of Jon and Lynn at SOGO.

I remember the day like it was yesterday, one of the best airsoft days of my time... at least it was. I read everything I could about this gun, followed all the rules. The main one being using duster gas. So to my dismay, 40 shots later and the slide stopped cycling. FECKIN GUN!

Well now, almost 4 years later I finally found the replacement part to get it working. It was the green piston cup you see in the pictures below. It's the only week part in the gun, and most people don't even know b/c this gun is displayed in collections rather than skirmishing. 

So here in all its glory, probably the only place anyone has a detailed look at the gun taken apart. I hope you guys enjoy it.

haha you're right, I was an idiot last night.

Supercell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • So Go Airsoft
Re: TANIO KOBA USP .40 TACTICAL
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 09:53:20 PM »
Very Nice

Boba Fett

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 10:29:03 PM »
That thing is SICK!!! xD I want one! As most people know, I'm a sucker for USPs.

Shifty

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 09:12:16 AM »
Yes, it is sick.

Good luck finding one, if you want to see it I'll bring it to SOGO next time I'm in town.
haha you're right, I was an idiot last night.

netshark993

• Come to the darkside, we have cookie.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011, 12:39:21 PM »
wow, after looking into them, the TANIO KOBA pistols look pretty sweet. and, they make a VP-70M
P* advocate

Adam

• Certified Armaholic
  • Playing smarter
    • View Profile
    • Armaholic
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 05:53:47 PM »
Very nice.
The Golden Rule: Do unto others as you would have done unto yourself.