Author Topic: Spring Airsoft grenade?  (Read 6253 times)

Theboy

Re: Spring Airsoft grenade?
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2012, 06:50:23 PM »
 :-\ notice how this is just u and me postin ideas. i kinda wish other ppl would put some input in here. ya... so lets say we go with a spring then. how do we reset it is it still a screw part at the bottom? or do you have anotehr idea in mind?

chuckysknife3

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2012, 06:54:10 PM »
Personally, I would listen to jman. I've known him for a while and he is very smart at this stuff. Not saying someone else might be good too, but he is a smart cookie 8)

j man 3

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2012, 09:12:00 PM »
im not a cookie... lol jk. I figured we could just pull the plunger back up with some kind of hook device or something.

Theboy

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2012, 09:19:15 PM »
Ya that could work might even help to contribute to the det method if we flip the pressure tank from what i had originaly sketched up.

j man 3

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2012, 10:18:41 AM »
it dosnt need to be flipped but as far as the detination gose it would be instantanious.

Theboy

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2012, 11:46:11 AM »
So all or designs stil have the same problen then. how can we fix it? If you look at deep fire internals it has he timer which "has" to be pushed up first. I say that in quotations because the damn thing explodes in my hand. But we could prolly do the general ida and have a spoon hold it down but have it be hollow to a certain point then as pressure pushes it up it has a hole it meets at point y where the gas can escape into the bbs. This would also increase pressure becasue it would be forcing alarge amount of air through a small hole in a short amount of time.

j man 3

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2012, 09:22:42 PM »
sorry I dont follow you on this one

Theboy

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2012, 10:44:09 PM »
Just scrap it it was a bad idea anyways. So i guess ill start lookin into the way that tornado makes impact grenades. Thats probably our easiest way

Reverandff7

• Playing smarter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2012, 12:52:48 PM »
Actually the impact idea seems more effective for this. If you think about about if you use a hex key or something when you load the bb's onto a platform(similar to claymore) then when it hits an object or the ground or something it knocks the spring catch which realeases the plate and spring... then shoots the bb's out.
Travis Perry
N.O.V.A. Team Leader
G&G SIG553
Custom SIG552
H&k Umerex G36CV
We G17
CYMA 030(with highcap mag)

Network Of Violent Activities - Thats what we are and what we do.

Theboy

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2012, 01:12:12 AM »
Nice so we got the det the pressure(debatable) and the design for the bbs to shoot out. ill make a few outta pvc in dome diffrent ways prolly use some metal tubes as well. once i got it up and get one that  works ill post it up or post the failurs and well c what went wrong. prolly can make one for about $30 is what im hopin but id have to custom some parts  :-\

Reverandff7

• Playing smarter
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2012, 06:06:04 PM »
Yes but the placement of the ejection is definitly a major part...Sides?...Top?...Bottom? Both?... thats the problem thus for cause if you make just one exit then what happens if the exit is down or off the target?
Travis Perry
N.O.V.A. Team Leader
G&G SIG553
Custom SIG552
H&k Umerex G36CV
We G17

Reverandff7

• Playing smarter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2012, 06:27:23 PM »
Ok i was thinking more on the this... you could make the ejection system instead of relying on power you can rely on mass with the bbs. For instance when they eject out of the container they arent going to be hitting very hard being as they are being spring fed. So my suggestion is making sure that the houseing chamber can fit a large amount of BB's. Also the ejection should be coming from Both ends of the container that way spining it would coat the area... but the problem lies in this. How are you going to make a time delay with it using a spring?
Travis Perry
N.O.V.A. Team Leader
G&G SIG553
Custom SIG552
H&k Umerex G36CV
We G17

Theboy

« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2012, 08:38:08 PM »
Well this is kinda put on the back burner for me. (Lookin for anoder job :/). THe timer could be simply like a egg timer spring powered twist and once it relaxes to its natural state it could b like a hair trigger and set it off.

j man 3

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2012, 10:33:45 PM »
not reliable enough though