Author Topic: Im on a roll here.......  (Read 2569 times)

Fenix031882

• View Profile
Im on a roll here.......
« on: September 21, 2012, 10:21:02 AM »
So I decided to maintenance my pistol mags.  Upon inspection I found that one of them leaks from the base plate, so I decide "Im gonna fix this".....

After a couple of hours of thinking, researching, thinking about buying silicone gasket stuff it dawns on me....I work for a mechanical company.  So I go down to the shop (its all of 100 yards from my house) and talk to my master mechanical tech.  He looks at it for 30 seconds and is like "thats just like the gas valves on a commercial stove, let me show you how to fix it".  He pulls out pink (heavy duty) thread tape, wraps it around the "O" ring, and VIOLA, not a leak (and I can get 2 1/2 mags out of one fill now).

So the moral of the story is:

If you have a mag leak in the base plate, go buy you some $2 pink heavy duty thread tape and put a few wraps around it, and you'll be a happy airsofter!

Edit:  I know Im a dork :P  but damn this stuff is fun
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 03:11:35 PM by Fenix031882 »
Its always better to be a first rate version of yourself than a second rate version of someone else.

Yesterday is the past, tomorrow is unknown, today is a gift, thats why they call it the present.

KWA Magpul ERG
G&G Scar L
JG M4A1 enhanced
WE M9 Marine edition
Echo 1 P90
Tri shot Shotgun
G&G MP5

keasop

• View Profile
Re: Im on a roll here.......
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 01:53:18 PM »
That's what I use on my 1911 mags when they leak.
Echo 1 ST6
WE 1911 MEU

Reverandff7

• Playing smarter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2012, 07:26:00 AM »
Good job David. I didnt know that myself and i just started getting use to haveing a GBB pistol. So now i know if something like this happens to me i can try your idea
Travis Perry
N.O.V.A. Team Leader
G&G SIG553
Custom SIG552
H&k Umerex G36CV
We G17
CYMA 030(with highcap mag)

Network Of Violent Activities - Thats what we are and what we do.

Metal

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2012, 01:58:16 AM »
I really need to take the time to do this to my KJW MEU mags. One of them leaked from the timei took it out of the box.

Fenix031882

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2012, 11:01:35 PM »
All I did was take the retainer pins out, pull the base and wrap OVER (caps for emphasis) the "O" ring.  I tried wrapping under the ring and I could never get the plate to re-seat correctly.  Its amazing how something so simple provided such amazing results. 

Edit: I have no idea how well the regular white tape will work, I used the pink heavy duty stuff.
Its always better to be a first rate version of yourself than a second rate version of someone else.

Yesterday is the past, tomorrow is unknown, today is a gift, thats why they call it the present.

KWA Magpul ERG
G&G Scar L
JG M4A1 enhanced
WE M9 Marine edition
Echo 1 P90
Tri shot Shotgun
G&G MP5