Author Topic: need help with headset idea...  (Read 1765 times)

Dragon

need help with headset idea...
« on: November 26, 2011, 01:03:10 PM »
Alright.. here's what I have:

Of such, they work very well...

But the ear piece part isn't comfortable,...

I don't like the full head set that cover the entire ear , nor do I want a head band that is thick and bulky...

I could easily switch to a throat mic set up, but I really dislike the ear bud part being IN my ear...

So I was thinking of... maybe taking what I already got, and trying to modify em to something more like a normal stereo headset ... where the ear piece rest on my ear, not over it or IN it...

but was wondering if anyone had any suggestions , or other ideas before I hack and JB weld , and rigg something up.

Metal

• View Profile
Re: need help with headset idea...
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 02:44:21 AM »
Well, if you can get a one pin (Garmin style) to two pin like you posted, I would strongly suggest eh Garmin headset like the one I have. I too HATE ear pieces that go into your ear canal. They're just plain irritating and I don't think they're quite a clear. I also agree that the ones that completely cover your ears aren't ideal unless they're comtacs/peltors that actually amplify sound when not serving as hearing protection. The Garmin headset I have has a boom style mich that can be swivled out of the way when not in use and is bendable to your specific preferences. The headband is pretty small and is not elastic so it goes over the top of your head. Lastly the earpiece is a speaker style covered in foam that doesn't encompass your entire ear nor does it set inside your ear canal. Because of the head band and the earpiece being smaller, if I need to listen better for a little bit I can completely move it off my ear comfortably and quickly and do the reverse.

I think I only paid a little over $20 for mine after shipping, so they're also pretty cheap considering the quality of them. That's the only headset I can think of to fit your needs and preferences that you listed.

Dragon

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 10:26:16 AM »
The problem I'm facing right now...

I have to have two pin ( ICOM compatible) ... the good head sets, seem only to come one pin ( Motorola).

I'm going to eventually inherent BenShee's garmin, but I planned on carrying it as a secondary , just for the GPS feature ( so you guys quit loosing track of me ) ... as the GPS is the only function that the rhino has that my midlands don't already have, or function better ( when they operate that is... at BFL, I figured out, my batteries didn't charge the night before. My charger had issues. )
 for what we use em for.

Honestly, the only way we will get better comms outside, over nasty terrain, is to go VHF frequencies, or use a HAM system... and I don't wanna go through that expense.

So...
I figured to just try and mod the ones I have, they do work, and work well... but I hate em being IN my ear.

Reverandff7

• Playing smarter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 05:25:59 PM »
Well there are a couple of idea's that i think you might like but i cant seem to find the pictures. There are now blutooth adapters you can buy for Midland radio's for headsets... but like i said i cant find the link right now
Travis Perry
N.O.V.A. Team Leader
G&G SIG553
Custom SIG552
H&k Umerex G36CV
We G17
CYMA 030(with highcap mag)

Network Of Violent Activities - Thats what we are and what we do.