Author Topic: Help with loadout!  (Read 3561 times)

BlackJack

• View Profile
Help with loadout!
« on: October 19, 2013, 11:34:44 AM »
Hey y'all I am back! haha

So I am slowly starting to get back into airsoft after months of inactivity and am trying to build up a simple, effective and (let's be honest) cool looking loadout. At the moment the gun I am starting with is the UTG M490 Tri Shot Shotgun and I am going to make some simple but handy mods to if once it gets here Tuesday. Until then I have been on the lookout for some gear and loadout ideas.
However finding pictures and ideas for a full airsoft shotgun loadout has been proving difficult.
So I call upon the wise council of the SOGO airsoft crew!!!

please post/PM any and all great Shotgun loadouts, shotgun friendly gear ideas or any other helpful tips you have regarding the fantastic world of airsoft shotguns!

Any and all useful help is appreciated and please note that this is not my first rodeo in the world of airsoft nor with tri-shot shotties.
Thanks guys!

-Blackjack
-Blackjack♠

Custom Classic Army M4 - Grunt
Custom Elite Force M1911A1 - Maverick
Custom UTG M490 Shotgun - Breacher

CUSTOM METAL/POLISH WORK HERE http://springfieldairsoft.com/forum/index.php?topic=1479.msg15565#new

Adam

• Certified Armaholic
  • Playing smarter
    • View Profile
    • Armaholic
Re: Help with loadout!
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 11:52:15 AM »
What kind of ideas have you had thus far? It's hard to make a recommendation based on so little information.

That said, it isn't too difficult to extrapolate a shotgun loadout from pictures that may not necessarily be for shotguns. Just replace all the M4/AK mag pouches with shotgun bandoliers. I'm pretty sure there are MOLLE "pouches" that hold shotgun shells, as well, so you could still go with a platecarrier or MOLLE recon vest if you desire.
The Golden Rule: Do unto others as you would have done unto yourself.

MickeyD

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 11:57:04 AM »
If you are looking for something high-speed low-drag, then a shotgun shell leg rig is always a good option. If you have a molle vest of any kind, then the shells can also be inserted into the molle slots for quick and easy access. As far as the shotgun itself goes, you should take advantage of the provided picatinny rail on top and mount some kind of red dot. When I used to have my shotgun I did this and adjusted the reticle to sit in the middle of my BB spread (VERY effective). If you want a really unique shotgun then there is a rail segment available through DangerWerx that would allow you to mount some kind of foregrip on the pump. Hope this helps!    -Mickey, So Go Airsoft
Magpul EVERYTHING

BlackJack

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2013, 12:22:29 PM »
@MickeyD: I actually bought a red dot when i bought the shotty! And I saw the rail but they were sold out of the metal version. As for the rig I just searched them and there are a couple interesting ones I may have to look into. Thanks!

@Adam: I sort of meant for it to be sort of vague because I wanted all sorts of input. :)

So far the only ideas I have had is that I want to stay away from typical bandoliers because they have a tendency  to flop around and get in the way. I am interested in a shotgun shell belt or something along those lines with a battle belt.
A plate carrier would be nice but I am not sure which one to get for a shotty loadout. The shotgun rigs were close (possibly what I may go with) but I would like something that can carry other gear if I do decide to expand my arsenal down the line.

-Blackjack
-Blackjack♠

CUSTOM METAL/POLISH WORK HERE http://springfieldairsoft.com/forum/index.php?topic=1479.msg15565#new

Adam

• Certified Armaholic
  • Playing smarter
    • View Profile
    • Armaholic
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2013, 01:04:03 PM »
If you are wanting to keep your options open, then I definitely recommend going with MOLLE in any of its millions of forms.
I saw the recon vest you posted in the For Sale forum, and it looks perfect for throwing on a few shotgun shell pouches. If you enjoyed using that vest, perhaps going with a version that doesn't have the built-in M4 mag pouches.
I use a battle belt to carry my sidearm holster and mags, as well as a dump pouch. I can't imagine playing without it. I'm sure it would work just fine for shells.

BlackJack

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2013, 01:11:32 PM »
I have been trying to track down a vest of the same caliber as the one I currently own but it is proving difficult hahaha

What battle belt are you running? I have never used one so I don't know what brand or kind to look for.
-Blackjack♠

Boba Fett

• 日本バンザイ
    • View Profile
    • CAMO Airsoft Team Forum
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2013, 03:51:17 PM »
You asked for shotgun stuff, I will deliver. ;) I like to show off my shells, so I tend to avoid any type of pouch that holds them internally. Also, always make sure to not leave shells in elastic loops for any extended period of time. It will wear out the elasticity and make it where the shells fall out.

Here are my main shotgun specific pieces of gear:

Maxpedition horizontal shotgun loop panel. MOLLE with tac-ties.

Velcro backed loop panels.

21rnd bandoleer.

Condor MOLLE shotgun scabbard. Custom shortened to minimum length needed for a sawed-off.

And here's just a couple of loadouts featuring my shotgun that I have pics of.

For this one, I used black zip ties to rig the bandoleer around the bottom of my vest. Works great, keeps a low profile, and looks cool!

Something I threw on for a photo op.

This is the favorite shotgun loadout I have a pic of.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading."

Adam

• Certified Armaholic
  • Playing smarter
    • View Profile
    • Armaholic
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2013, 04:13:39 PM »
I am using the Version 2 battle belt by Condor. It's great for me, because it accommodates for the belt strap of my drop-leg holster while still providing plenty of space for MOLLE attachments.

BlackJack

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2013, 05:42:00 PM »
@Boba Fett: thanks man that helps! I will have to look into some of those!

@Adam: Okay I will have to check that out. Hopefully I can get some gear set up before next saturday!

-Blackjack
-Blackjack♠