Author Topic: Conquest Knight XV  (Read 5075 times)

Boba Fett

• 日本バンザイ
    • View Profile
    • CAMO Airsoft Team Forum
Conquest Knight XV
« on: September 22, 2012, 07:44:37 PM »
I thought I would share this amazing vehicle with you guys.

This is the car I want (when I am rich and own my island nation). Check out the gallery of pictures.

The Conquest Knight XV is going to be released in fall 2012, and will be limited to 100 vehicles. It is considered the world's most luxurious armored vehicle. It is bigger than a Hummer...

It runs on bio-fuel and has a V10 engine. :3

http://www.conquestvehicles.com/knight-xv.html

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading."

Metal

• View Profile
Re: Conquest Knight XV
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 01:53:16 AM »
Meh. I think I'd go with a newer Dodge Ram 3500 with the 6.7L dual turbo Cumins diesel. It can run on filtered French fry oil from McDonald's and get better MPG than anything in it's class while getting class leading tourqre (~750ft-lbs). It would be easy to outfit the Ram 3500 with all the armor and accessories to be a 'tactical vehicle'. Anyone that has ever owned a Dodge 4x4 knows they will almost climb trees. Proof, the first adopted 4x4 by the military was back in the late 1910's and it was a chain driven Dodge. I'm not sure if it's still true, but for a long time all the major truck manufacturers were using Chysler made transfer cases for their 4x4's. Like Jeeps? Yeah, those are Chrysler too by the 1980's at the least. Like the M1A2 Abrams tank? Chrysler engine and transmission.

Don't get me wrong, I really like me some GM stuff (hummer), but you have to admit what works. When it comes to diesel and 4x4 in a standard-ish size vehicle, no one has anything on Dodge.

All the brand biased aside, you guys should take a look at the three finalists for the new military vehicle to replace the Hummer.

http://americanmilsim.com/forum/index.php?/topic/765-us-army-names-three-finalists-to-replace-the-humvee-in-5-billion-bake-off/#entry7180

They resemble Peterbuilt diesel trucks with cabs in them... Literally. The sad thing is that each new war is fought with the previous wars technology, equipment, and tactics. After we adopt our new vehicle, it won't be right for the next war/s we fight.

det. mcclane

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2012, 10:24:03 AM »
Exactly, how is that thing gonna stand up to alien plasma bolts? If Battle: LA has taught me anything, it's that we need quantum armor and laser rifles ASAP!

Jbagel21

• View Profile
    • Springfield Instigator
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2012, 10:24:19 AM »
All of those are going to be a problem in most of the areas we are still engaged in: they are too tall when you add a turret, sniper screen, and various antennae systems. They also tend to be too wide for a lot of the goat trails we are forced to use.
"A professional makes his work play, and his play practice."

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and like it, never really care for anything else thereafter."  Ernest Hemingway

Dirk

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2012, 05:29:46 PM »
I would drive it to wal-mart with confidence.

Ghost

• That Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2012, 10:39:23 PM »
Aaahhh, Finally, a car you can drive in Detroit lol
Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid
Ronald Reagan

U.S. Army Signal Corps

Boba Fett

• 日本バンザイ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2012, 01:01:47 AM »
Every American needs one of these when visiting gun-free zones like Chicago, DC, and of course for those family vacations in gunless Mexico. ^_^

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading."

Joe

• Plastic-Slingin' Primate
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2012, 07:02:23 AM »
Keep this on topic, if you please.
Joe
SA Admin
Instigator
Honorary D9 Member
Founding Member, WECSOA*
*Wile E. Coyote School Of Airsmithing

"A man your age . . ."
--Fuzzy

"Anybody got any duct tape?  I need to Joe this gun."
--Reverendff7

Metal

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2012, 01:15:12 PM »
All of those are going to be a problem in most of the areas we are still engaged in: they are too tall when you add a turret, sniper screen, and various antennae systems. They also tend to be too wide for a lot of the goat trails we are forced to use.

Bingo. This is exactly why I think it's stupid for the entire military to have one standard vehicle. When you get all the branches and divisions making input in what they need and/or want out of the vehicle, so many compromises are made the vehicle usually ends up being mediocre at best at any given task. We need some branch or division specific vehicles much as we have task or topographical specific troops to do what we need.

Jbagel21

• View Profile
    • Springfield Instigator
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2012, 08:34:38 PM »
Going into our current war we had specific vehicles for specific roles, but somehow over the last few years they have all been phased out and replaced by MRAP's with plans to field a "better" all-purpose vehicle in the future. I suppose someone behind a desk has some bright ideas, coupled with companies begging to get their fingers in the pie, resulting in all the armored truck craze of late. I had heard of Conquest before, but in reality this is just another Ford with a body kit and luxury interior. If I am reading their charts correctly, the armor used is only tested against a max of 7.62x54 non-cored... if that is the case, the armor is more for show than true protection.

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and like it, never really care for anything else thereafter."  Ernest Hemingway

Boba Fett

• 日本バンザイ
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2012, 09:45:23 PM »
JBagel, keep in mind this isn't a military vehicle at all. It is for VIP protection in presumably non-warzones. It's a step above an armored Mercedes I suppose.

Jbagel21

• View Profile
    • Springfield Instigator
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2012, 08:58:00 AM »
That's exactly what I was pointing out.