Author Topic: Need info/opinions CYMA CM028 AK47  (Read 5813 times)

Fenix031882

• View Profile
Need info/opinions CYMA CM028 AK47
« on: September 24, 2012, 07:27:18 AM »
As some of you know I have a Javelin M4 that I got in a box of mystery.  I have a gentleman who is wanting to trade me his CYMA CM028 AK47 (which he has fielded 4 times) straight across for my gun. 

Is this a good trade?  (please give me details/reasons why or why not)

You guys never let me down so Im looking forward to your responses!
Its always better to be a first rate version of yourself than a second rate version of someone else.

Yesterday is the past, tomorrow is unknown, today is a gift, thats why they call it the present.

KWA Magpul ERG
G&G Scar L
JG M4A1 enhanced
WE M9 Marine edition
Echo 1 P90
Tri shot Shotgun
G&G MP5

Metal

• View Profile
Re: Need info/opinions CYMA CM028 AK47
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 01:24:04 PM »
CYMA makes great AK's. It just seems like that's what they make best. The CM028 is currently one of CYMA's most basic models and is not very glamorous with it's fake wood stock and I'm pretty sure they have plastic bodies. If your M4 is one of the electric blowback versions, I'd trade if it were me. I've seen too many if those Javelin EB m4's just not perform too well and poop out. I'm an AK fanboy though, so keep that in mind when you consider my advice.

Fenix031882

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 05:43:35 PM »
Well Metal its funny you say that, the javelin got its legs broke at its first out of the box experience at SoGo.  Travis was using it and was as gentle as he usually is (gentle is read as:  ZOMG BBQ SAUCE SMASH SMASH RRRARAHHHHHH IM TRAVIS) and somewhere in all of that love the gearbox literally exploded (no really it blew apart).  So I actually sent it back to whom it was purchased from and they rebuilt the gun with new parts (non Javelin) and sent it back to me, in the end it got a new gearbox, new piston, new hopup, new barrel, new trigger assembly.  So the gun is practically brand new.

I did talk to the guy today and its the black version with the folding stock, Im going to trade him for my M4 and $30 I believe. 

I still want input on this guys, any opinions are welcome, even the bad ones.
Its always better to be a first rate version of yourself than a second rate version of someone else.

Yesterday is the past, tomorrow is unknown, today is a gift, thats why they call it the present.

KWA Magpul ERG
G&G Scar L
JG M4A1 enhanced
WE M9 Marine edition
Echo 1 P90
Tri shot Shotgun
G&G MP5

det. mcclane

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 08:50:40 PM »
Ummm, very yes? From what I've heard, CYMA Ak's are supposed to be pretty rock solid. Any weapon that explodes its gearbox straight out of the package should be dumped asap. Also, I'm not a huge fan of M4's unless they are old school xm177's or M733's. I'd say goodbye to that dirty harlot of a gun and boot it out the door.

Reverandff7

• Playing smarter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2012, 08:52:01 PM »
            What! I totally didnt smash it(hater  :P)... it was a love tap... but for real though trade it hands down. 2 reasons:
1) AK's are just like m4's there is just a ton of stuff out there for them. Which makes it easy to fix if something goes wrong on it.
2)Its a jav ... there is no suger coating it!

To be fair i have never in my life ever thought that anything would be below a CYMA or Double Eagle weapon. To my suprise javlin really wanted that title REALLY BAD.

Also seeing as you(we) had problems with the gun and you already have invested money in it there is only one question... does the gun make you happy or would like to try something else. This is the reason why i have not let my dear betsie die... anyway that was a little off subject. Point being i do believe the trade is in your best intrest for your airsoft pleasure! I dont know about you but i am not one to like the Airsoft ulser so... do what makes you happy sir.
Travis Perry
N.O.V.A. Team Leader
G&G SIG553
Custom SIG552
H&k Umerex G36CV
We G17
CYMA 030(with highcap mag)

Network Of Violent Activities - Thats what we are and what we do.

Boba Fett

• 日本バンザイ
    • View Profile
    • CAMO Airsoft Team Forum
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2012, 09:03:02 PM »
For what it's worth ($0.02), go with the AK. ;)

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading."

Jbagel21

• View Profile
    • Springfield Instigator
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2012, 09:14:05 PM »
Mcclane, glad to know I'm not the only 177/733 fan! Now back on topic...
"A professional makes his work play, and his play practice."

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and like it, never really care for anything else thereafter."  Ernest Hemingway

keasop

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2012, 01:23:33 PM »
Cyma makes some of the best AK's I have seen I am getting one very soon.
Echo 1 ST6
WE 1911 MEU

Fenix031882

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2012, 03:55:49 PM »
Ok so I did the trade today, and here's what I got:

It came with a battery, folding stock, and front grip.  I traded my Javelin M4...gun only, I got the AK, a battery, and a 500rd hicap....

So what do you think?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 04:14:12 PM by Fenix031882 »

KWA Magpul ERG
G&G Scar L
JG M4A1 enhanced
WE M9 Marine edition
Echo 1 P90
Tri shot Shotgun
G&G MP5

det. mcclane

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2012, 05:51:26 PM »
I'd hit it! I mean, that's a fine looking weapon, sir!

Fenix031882

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2012, 06:07:34 PM »
ahh Mcclane, I miss you!!  I'll have this gun with me from now on so should you want to use it.....

KWA Magpul ERG
G&G Scar L
JG M4A1 enhanced
WE M9 Marine edition
Echo 1 P90
Tri shot Shotgun
G&G MP5

Supercell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • So Go Airsoft
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2012, 06:12:07 PM »
McClane I miss you......  Maybe that doesn't sound right after your comment.  So......
I think you made a good trade sir.

Jon
So Go  Airsoft

Fenix031882

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2012, 06:19:50 PM »
 Thank you Jon, your opinion actually makes me feel pretty good about it :)

KWA Magpul ERG
G&G Scar L
JG M4A1 enhanced
WE M9 Marine edition
Echo 1 P90
Tri shot Shotgun
G&G MP5

porkchop

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2012, 06:29:36 PM »
I agree. Good trade. I've had to do a lot of work on my Jav 933 to get it running smoothly. AK's are a tough rifle to beat in the field, thanks to their range and hop up response. I don't foresee any regret in your future.
"Phase plasma rifle, in a 40 watt range......"

Supercell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • So Go Airsoft
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2012, 06:29:54 PM »
Thank you Jon, your opinion actually makes me feel pretty good about it :)
Glad to hear it.
Jon
So Go Airsoft
SA