Author Topic: M4 slam firing  (Read 1543 times)

Jaeger

• Fight the Good Fight
    • View Profile
M4 slam firing
« on: July 22, 2013, 05:13:15 PM »
I connect the battery to my m4 and when I squeeze the trigger it fires full auto while on semi and continues firing after I remove my finger. Please help!
When push comes to shove, put your front sight on his nose and press until you see daylight!
Amateurs train till they get it right, professionals train till the can't get it wrong.
You're Superman, you're King Kong, till the day you die

Supercell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • So Go Airsoft
Re: M4 slam firing
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 05:43:13 PM »
Yea that happens every once in awhile with our rentals.  And sometimes they come in like that. 
Check your trigger contact.  If we need more info let us know.

Jon
So Go Airsoft

Jaeger

• Fight the Good Fight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 06:47:10 PM »
I'm not tat familiar with aeg internals as I an with gbbs. Where can I find specs on the internals?
When push comes to shove, put your front sight on his nose and press until you see daylight!
Amateurs train till they get it right, professionals train till the can't get it wrong.

Sundown

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 11:48:44 PM »
You can look them up on Youtube like a lot of people or just swing it by the Springfield Sogo Airsoft store and Jacob should be able to tell you pretty easy. Sounds like one of four things;

1.) Your Trigger Contacts are to tight, and the spring isn't pulling the switch back, that sometimes happens from factory.

2.) Your Contact has wear that's not letting the cutoff lever pull it back.

3.) You cutoff lever isnt hitting the contact and pulling it back because it isnt tall enough.

4.) (This is Worst Case Scenario) The tab in the gearbox that the contact return spring is connected to has broke and the contact is stuck in the forward position.
This is really only found on gearboxes that have had a lot of trigger pulls, but I have seen them on fairly new guns, usually on cheaper brands.

Jaeger

• Fight the Good Fight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 12:20:30 AM »
The spring that resets the trigger broke

Jaeger

• Fight the Good Fight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 01:03:59 PM »
So I modified the spring to work

Sundown

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2013, 12:27:44 AM »
Good to hear.

Jaeger

• Fight the Good Fight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2013, 09:50:55 AM »
Luckily the spring broke right where it was bent to go around the post so all I did was bend the last rind and krimp it around the post