Author Topic: New gun  (Read 2645 times)

joemomma77

• Accuracy by volume
    • View Profile
    • Dog airsoft team
New gun
« on: October 08, 2013, 03:52:22 PM »
I am looking for new better gun then what I have or have had, I am looking at the ICS G33 G36, like the earthtone/black. Read some reviews on gun great out the box with a better battery. I have have MP5 (ukarms) which I have now with a Mad Bull m203 love it, MP7 (wells), I have and will keep forever UTG trishot shotguns, love them. I am wanting to spend alittle more here and get a great gun not over kill but a nice one. The m4 seems to be everywhere so not looking for a gun everone has, please advise on this as I am not really in the loops as brands and what gear boxes are good.

Thanks Mike (Joemomma77)
Moderator Edit:
"I am looking for a new gun, something better than what I have. I am looking at the ICS G33 or G36, and I like it in earth tone or black. Read some reviews on the gun and it seems great out of the box if you get a better battery for it. I have an MP5 made by UKarms with a Madbull M203, a Well MP7, and a UTG trishot shotgun, which I will keep forever. I am looking to spend a little more and get a great gun, but not overkill. Everyone seems to have an M4, and I'm not looking for a gun that everyone else has. Please advise me on this as I'm not really in the loop as to what brands are good, and I am also looking for information on gearboxes as well. "

I went ahead and fixed this for you, I hope you don't mind. I generally don't mind some misspellings or grammatical errors, but it's getting a little out of hand and this is very hard to read. If you want some good information, asking for it the right way will help you lots. Grammar Police have arrived on scene, and the situation is under control, out.                     Thanks for your patience.  Det. McClane.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 06:17:51 PM by det. mcclane »
Mike Burgess
DOG team og
UMP w/highcap
UTG tri shotgun 84 shells custom cut/paint
 Dual elite force 1911 w/12 co2 mags
Echo1 g36 w/magpull afg

Sundown

Re: New gun
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 11:30:51 AM »
There are alot of decent companies on the market today. My personal favorites are Classic Army and G&P. I have had great success and not alot of problems with any of them I have bought over the past 6 years. G&G makes cheaper guns made of plastic but they have held up really well and I would have no problem recommending them to anybody. CA, G&P, and G&G all come out of the box around 350-400 FPS( pretty standard now days). As far as the Gearboxs go, most companies had decent gearboxs, with that being said they are good ones and bad ones, Cheaper the gun, the cheaper the parts that will be in them. Gears, Bearing, Pistons, Motors, ect.

One thing that you should be aware of on most if not all ICS products its that they use proprietary parts meaning you have to replace them with ICS parts when they break. This can make them expensive and often hard to find depending on the part that breaks. Most companies (Except for ICS, and KWA and a few others) on the market have interchangeable parts with means you can buy almost and manufacture part to fit you gun.

If you want to talk to me in person swing by Sogo Airsoft in Springfield, on a Saturday or Sunday, ( thats when im there) I can show more in person or just ask one the the Techs/ Sales Rep at the Stores in Springfield or Ozark. They can typically get you going in the right direction for the gun or gear your wanting.

joemomma77

• Accuracy by volume
    • View Profile
    • Dog airsoft team
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2013, 02:22:46 PM »
Thanks for the edit, typing from cell phones no always a great idea, on the ics I just love the look of the over all gun. Adjustable/folding/ telescope stock, this next gun I get will be indoor and I know needed to be toned down with the 120 spring. But parts are not cheap is not a great idea to me, I may have to look at some of the brands you talked about and the guy at sogo know me well. Talked to them about the ics, but may have to look at another g36, thanks.

Jormomma
Mike Burgess
DOG team og
UMP w/highcap
Echo1 g36 w/magpull afg

Supercell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • So Go Airsoft
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2013, 02:38:15 PM »
Hey I just sent Helix (cody) a message about who you are. lol  I don't think he is familiar with this callsign from you.

Jon

joemomma77

• Accuracy by volume
    • View Profile
    • Dog airsoft team
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2013, 02:58:11 PM »
I am working undercover lmao
Mike Burgess
DOG team og
UMP w/highcap
Echo1 g36 w/magpull afg

Supercell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • So Go Airsoft
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2013, 03:22:57 PM »
lol.  Gotcha.

Jon

Reverandff7

• Playing smarter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2013, 06:57:48 PM »
I will add my two cemts in here. I also agree with cody on this with g&p but just to mention that I myself own a umerex ares g36cv and i use the crap out of it. I got the first edition on this and well I have put it thru hell and i have only had have motor tightened and 1 thing done to it. It still runs like a champ even after 50k rounds thru it. Its a good outdoor gun plus it uses the quick change spring feature that comes in handy.
Travis Perry
N.O.V.A. Team Leader
G&G SIG553
Custom SIG552
H&k Umerex G36CV
We G17
CYMA 030(with highcap mag)

Network Of Violent Activities - Thats what we are and what we do.

joemomma77

• Accuracy by volume
    • View Profile
    • Dog airsoft team
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2013, 05:47:01 PM »
I seen the UMP that SoGo put up yesterday on FB, I am really digging both guns, but I am gonna check on some specs and want to be able to mount my madbull 203 on it, more work to be done for now I look and see what is there and spec.
Mike Burgess
DOG team og
UMP w/highcap
Echo1 g36 w/magpull afg

Reverandff7

• Playing smarter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2013, 06:25:41 PM »
ALso i should mention that I have an XM203 launcher for my g36cv
Travis Perry
N.O.V.A. Team Leader
G&G SIG553
Custom SIG552
H&k Umerex G36CV
We G17

joemomma77

• Accuracy by volume
    • View Profile
    • Dog airsoft team
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2013, 07:47:17 PM »
Thanks to SoGo I have one on my mp5 I love it will swap it over as needed, ump is really got me thinking don't see them a lot ethier...... Choices
Mike Burgess
DOG team og
UMP w/highcap
Echo1 g36 w/magpull afg

joemomma77

• Accuracy by volume
    • View Profile
    • Dog airsoft team
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2013, 03:13:23 PM »
I am thinking I want a EBB G36, brown color (earth tone) I have never had one before. Need some pros and cons here on EBB like battery life, weight, anything else you guys know of, I would do GBB but the mags are costly for them and I shoot alot.

Joemomma77(mike)

Mike Burgess
DOG team og
UMP w/highcap
Echo1 g36 w/magpull afg

MickeyD

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2013, 04:03:13 PM »
Some companies have their EBB designed much more efficiently than others. A quick youtube search on the gun in question will tell you whether its EBB has any flaws or not (i.e. draining the battery too quickly, proneness to breaking, etc...). The Umarex G36's that I have seen have had better blowback than most, my only quarrel is that with any electric blowback it doesn't really add anything to the operation of the weapon (except a slightly louder noise in most cases) in exchange for at least a slightly reduced battery life. Other than that (and the simple fact that an EBB system is just adding more parts that can potentially break) there shouldn't be any other issues in terms of weight, etc...
Magpul EVERYTHING

Reverandff7

• Playing smarter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2013, 02:54:28 AM »
Hey i wrote an review on my g36 that is the one you are talking about. That is the one i have
... its dark earth and its awesome
Travis Perry
N.O.V.A. Team Leader
G&G SIG553
Custom SIG552
H&k Umerex G36CV
We G17

j man 3

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2013, 10:19:14 PM »
I'm going to throw a penny in this conversation about my We Tech G39 (same as a g36) its a decent GBBR for the price as long as you take care of it.  Just my mileage I am a GBB guy myself.

Reverandff7

• Playing smarter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2013, 06:46:45 AM »
DUDE huge fan of the 39 ... I wanted one for the longest time. I was actually waiting on getting one but now im looking for a we tech pdw.
Travis Perry
N.O.V.A. Team Leader
G&G SIG553
Custom SIG552
H&k Umerex G36CV
We G17