Author Topic: Tokyo Marui Glock 18c  (Read 8712 times)

xXxCoyotexXx

• View Profile
Tokyo Marui Glock 18c
« on: November 07, 2013, 06:47:44 PM »
Hey guys Coyote here, also known as Landers, I'm going to do a little review on my Tokyo Marui Glock 18c. First off, this was my first marui pistol and out of the box it shoots about 290-300 fps with green gas and I can't describe how dead on the accuracy is of this thing. The quality of a Tokyo Marui is simply amazing, polymer externals don't matter that much, what matters are the internals and Tokyo Marui makes all internals with the best quality metal so that you will get great performance and reliability. Its just like the TM Glock 17 but with a selector switch and a few other minor internal differences. This is my favorite pistol because it also is full auto and shoots 25 rounds per second with green gas. As you might know that the slides on Tokyo Marui pistols are made of abs plastic and can crack, this is actually the case with mine  :(, but I have managed to purchase a PGC metal slide & barrel kit :). If you upgrade to a metal slide you are most likely to need, (150% recoil spring & hammer spring, high outflow valve, guarder enhanced frame, and an enhanced loading nozzle). Note that you will be ok for a while without some parts but running a metal slide will put more wear on stock parts and can cause problems if you don't have upgraded parts. Tokyo Marui is a must have in my opinion and a very good brand, I highly recommend them if you have the money for one.

Pros:
-High accuracy and rof
-full metal internals
-fully upgradeable
-full licensed trades
-much more

Cons:
-pricy
-plastic slide can crack

Here I have installed the PGC aluminum slide

Also anyone that buys a TM Glock 18c and plans to upgrade to a metal slide be EXTREMELY CAREFUL when taking the fire selector out!!! I am saying this because there is a piece that is so tiny that I can barely grasp it and fit it in. I lost my piece and eventually found it, but it was too late because I tried to fit in another piece but it actually striped my slide and fire selector. This all is going to cost me $135 for a new slide and new selector parts. I was so lucky I could actually find spare parts for it. I had just ordered $120 worth of new upgrade parts before I lost this piece! (I was Pis*ed). DO NOT LOSE THIS PIECE!

« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 08:37:19 PM by xXxCoyotexXx »
-Classic Army M4
-Classic Army Mp5
-TM GBB Mp7
-TM High Cycle P90
-TM Glock G18c
-TM government M1911

Reverandff7

• Playing smarter
    • View Profile
Re: Tokyo Marui Glock 18c
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 08:37:21 AM »
Wonderful Review ... I actually was thinking about getting one of these.
Travis Perry
N.O.V.A. Team Leader
G&G SIG553
Custom SIG552
H&k Umerex G36CV
We G17
CYMA 030(with highcap mag)

Network Of Violent Activities - Thats what we are and what we do.

xXxCoyotexXx

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 04:29:32 PM »
Thanks! I'm sure you will love it but if you upgrade to a aluminum slide the upgrades are costly.
-Classic Army M4
-Classic Army Mp5
-TM GBB Mp7
-TM High Cycle P90
-TM Glock G18c
-TM government M1911

det. mcclane

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 07:19:34 PM »
That's why most of my pistols I pick up end up being metal. I love Tokyo Marui but they are definitely not meant for propane. I had actually thought about getting a Glock 17 by them, but I knew I would have to buy some metal upgrades and I didn't have an arm and a leg to spend.  Great review, I like your writing style! Also, that pistol is absolutely gorgeous!

xXxCoyotexXx

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2013, 09:53:24 PM »
Haha thanks man! I actually used green gas instead of propane, but green gas is 95% propane or butane I believe. I don't think you'd have any problems with the slide on a TM glock 17 for a while because I've had this pistol for 8 months now and it finally has cracked. They are definitely worth every penny though.   
-Classic Army M4
-Classic Army Mp5
-TM GBB Mp7
-TM High Cycle P90
-TM Glock G18c
-TM government M1911

j man 3

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2013, 08:09:18 PM »
Most TMs like duster gas more than green gas if you are staying with the plastic slide.

Reverandff7

• Playing smarter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2013, 06:45:42 AM »
I have put my opnion on this with josh... I feel that TM is amazing when it comes to AEG's but I do draw the line with my GBBs because of the blowback I do not want ABS plastic. I am huge fan of metal and polymer to be honest... hence the reason why I love my glock from WE.
Travis Perry
N.O.V.A. Team Leader
G&G SIG553
Custom SIG552
H&k Umerex G36CV
We G17
CYMA 030(with highcap mag)

Network Of Violent Activities - Thats what we are and what we do.