Author Topic: 7.4 lipo  (Read 3914 times)

Jaeger

• Fight the Good Fight
    • View Profile
7.4 lipo
« on: December 05, 2013, 10:39:10 PM »
Will a 7.4 lipo work in my G&G m4 with factory gears without stripping them? And will a stick lipo fit in my factory buffertube? And how much will a 7.4 lipo cost me?
When push comes to shove, put your front sight on his nose and press until you see daylight!
Amateurs train till they get it right, professionals train till the can't get it wrong.
You're Superman, you're King Kong, till the day you die

Rockstar

• Lead by example
    • View Profile
Re: 7.4 lipo
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 11:16:20 PM »
Depending on which model M4 you have will depend on how lipo-sustainable it is. A proline G&G will withstand a lipo better than say a combat machine series. Nonetheless, if you run a lipo, expect something to break eventually. Most of the time sooner than later. If you must have one, depending on where you go, you can find the battery alone for $30-$60 (you will need to buy a charger separate) or you may be able to find a lipo set that includes a charger for $40-$90. The ranges are so big because the quality of the batteries vary greatly. As for the standard stick type lipo fitting in the buffer tube, I believe that it should if there isn't too much wiring in the way. It'll be a tight squeeze though. Hope this helped  ;D
Austin Metcalf
C.A.M.O Member

-"Sir, we're surrounded!"
-"Perfect. We can attack in any direction."

Metal

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 12:19:34 AM »
This ^ is totally untrue. A battery being a lipo has NOTHING to do with the probability of failure of any decent entry grade AEG. A 7.4v lipo will be excellent. I primarily use 7.4v lipo's myself. They actually make most AEG's perform very similar to 9.6v NiMH batteries. Using an 11.1v lipo even will not ensure your AEG's ultimate demise. Pretty much every AEG has an expected life span of rounds it will fire before something fails. An 11.1v increases your rate of fire and therefore gets through that life span quicker. Stick to a 7.4v that has a burst initial discharge of 20c or less and a continual discharge of the same limits and you'll be peachy.

Reverandff7

• Playing smarter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 10:09:16 AM »
Metal has this correct on the life span of a gun. Brian's f2000 that i currently have at my house has been useing 7.4 lipo since he bought it and its been 2 years of heavy use. This gun still has not needed anything replaced on it and still going strong... The thing is all about how you maintain the gun yourself everyone has to remember that there still is maintence that is needed to be put in all guns not matter what type. I have learned this the hard way with betsie. She has been put thru the ringer a lot. I will also suggest that even with an AEG its always good after every game to clean the barrel and make sure that the spring is uncompressed. That is just my two cents.
Travis Perry
N.O.V.A. Team Leader
G&G SIG553
Custom SIG552
H&k Umerex G36CV
We G17
CYMA 030(with highcap mag)

Network Of Violent Activities - Thats what we are and what we do.

SoNorUs

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2013, 09:03:22 AM »
Metal's always right. A man with a beard like his can't be wrong.

I would like to add lipo batteries are SUPER CHEAP. I have a box of new 7.4 1400 mah lipo's. It made more sense to buy 8 then 1. I think Metal will confirm this and make it law soon.

O and Just a random shout out to JOE! 8)

Metal

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2013, 04:18:40 PM »
Good point, SoNorUs! Lipo's are dirt cheap. They can be had for less than half the price of most NiMH batteries and as with most things, when you buy in bulk they get even cheaper.

Jaeger

• Fight the Good Fight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2013, 04:22:18 PM »
How much do you think sogo will have them for
When push comes to shove, put your front sight on his nose and press until you see daylight!
Amateurs train till they get it right, professionals train till the can't get it wrong.

Rockstar

• Lead by example
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2013, 08:37:01 PM »
My info has been based on my experiences. Sorry for the false advertising. I was running an 11.1 lipo and it nearly broke two of my guns leaving a bad taste for me in the field of lipos.
Austin Metcalf
C.A.M.O Member

-"Sir, we're surrounded!"
-"Perfect. We can attack in any direction."

Joe

• Plastic-Slingin' Primate
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2013, 09:53:09 PM »
How much do you think sogo will have them for

Jager,

That's a question for So Go Airsoft to answer.  You can call them at:  (417) 485-2579.  They are taking orders for the holiday season.  Now would be an excellent time to order.
Joe
SA Admin
Instigator
Honorary D9 Member
Founding Member, WECSOA*
*Wile E. Coyote School Of Airsmithing

"A man your age . . ."
--Fuzzy

"Anybody got any duct tape?  I need to Joe this gun."
--Reverendff7

Jaeger

• Fight the Good Fight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2013, 10:00:32 PM »
Thanks Joe!