Author Topic: M4 shooing problems AGAIN!!! And Magpul PTS pmags problems  (Read 1509 times)

Jaeger

• Fight the Good Fight
    • View Profile
M4 shooing problems AGAIN!!! And Magpul PTS pmags problems
« on: December 18, 2013, 10:19:06 PM »
I got a new barrel and hopup unit and its still only shooting upside down. I am having mag problems where the springs are getting stuck down in the mags but even the mags that I know are working because when I strip the mags, rounds fall out. I have no idea what I can do to fix my rifle or mags. Someone please help!!!!
And then my Magpul PTS Pmags springs are all stuck in the mags and I have no idea how to dissassemble them to fix them. Anyone know how too?
When push comes to shove, put your front sight on his nose and press until you see daylight!
Amateurs train till they get it right, professionals train till the can't get it wrong.
You're Superman, you're King Kong, till the day you die

Metal

• View Profile
Re: M4 shooing problems AGAIN!!! And Magpul PTS pmags problems
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 12:07:05 AM »
The mag issue is due to you loading way too many rounds into them. Weather they're supposed to hold X number of rounds or not, it's like cleaning your ears with a q-tip, stop when you feel resistance.

Jaeger

• Fight the Good Fight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 12:13:45 AM »
I just found out it was the two piece follower, I only put in 30 rounds to test them. They have a 2 piece follower that pivets and you have to take to top part if the follower off because the top piece is smaller than a bb and the  bb will get stuck between the followers and the mag walls causing a jam. I found this out about an hour after posting the question abou them
When push comes to shove, put your front sight on his nose and press until you see daylight!
Amateurs train till they get it right, professionals train till the can't get it wrong.

Rockstar

• Lead by example
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 02:30:52 AM »
I had the same problem with my PMag's as well. If you spray a bit of silicone in em and run a couple mags through they'll be good as new. Also, if you're in need of a quick fix in battle, usually a stern hit to the side of the mag will unjam it for the time being.
Austin Metcalf
C.A.M.O Member

-"Sir, we're surrounded!"
-"Perfect. We can attack in any direction."

Metal

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2013, 03:24:09 AM »
Are you guys using the Beta Project Pmags?

Jaeger

• Fight the Good Fight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2013, 06:47:41 AM »
I have one beta and 3 PTS mags

MickeyD

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2013, 09:40:42 AM »
The G&P and King Arms P-Mags are going to be the most reliable, just my 2-cents.
Magpul EVERYTHING

Jaeger

• Fight the Good Fight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2013, 10:00:41 AM »
Two cents I better than I sence

Metal

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2013, 12:46:21 PM »
As some have already posted, the Beta's basically aren't worth their weight in recycled plastic. I've known guys to get a pack of 5 and only have one working within a month.

Jaeger

• Fight the Good Fight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2013, 12:48:39 PM »
Very true Metal. But I got them as a gift and since I tool the top of the follower off it works great