Capture and hold points
3 (18.8%)
Hostage Rescue
1 (6.3%)
Zombie
2 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: April 18, 2012, 06:51:43 PM

Author Topic: New ideas for Match Play?  (Read 20509 times)

Fenix031882

• View Profile
Re: New ideas for Match Play?
« Reply #150 on: April 27, 2012, 09:51:24 PM »
Ok, here's my shot at a VIP variant:

In this scenario I'm going to say there are 20 people (since that's a easily obtainable number).  Team 1, otherwise known as the death squad, has the majority of the players, lets say 15.  Team 2, otherwise known as the Templar (because I like that word) have 4 members, and the last slot is reserved for the VIP.  In this scenario the Templar have to retrieve the VIP from an undisclosed spawn point (decided by an admin after the game starts) and start to take that person from point to point retrieving relics or items of some sort. 

Rules:

The death squad have no re-spawns, that's right I said 0 re-spawns.   
The Templar cannot re-spawn, instead they have to have the VIP use one of the relics he/she retrieves to grant life to the downed Templar.
The VIP can only carry a pistol or shotgun

How to win:
Death squad:  Eliminate the VIP (who cares how many Templar's you kill when they can be brought back?)
Templar:  Gather all relics or kill all the head hunters.

I know its pretty basic but the planning that the death squad has to use to prevent their numbers from being thinned out due to no re-spawns helps prevent the "run and gun" mentality of some players.  Also this game will go fast and that will facilitate getting players back into rotation faster.
Its always better to be a first rate version of yourself than a second rate version of someone else.

Yesterday is the past, tomorrow is unknown, today is a gift, thats why they call it the present.

KWA Magpul ERG
G&G Scar L
JG M4A1 enhanced
WE M9 Marine edition
Echo 1 P90
Tri shot Shotgun
G&G MP5

Reverandff7

• Playing smarter
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 14, 2012, 03:43:34 PM »
That sounds like fun
Travis Perry
N.O.V.A. Team Leader
G&G SIG553
Custom SIG552
H&k Umerex G36CV
We G17
CYMA 030(with highcap mag)

Network Of Violent Activities - Thats what we are and what we do.

Reverandff7

• Playing smarter
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 14, 2012, 03:47:14 PM »
I was thinking of something today while i was reading some of our game types. I think we should do an event at some point maybe like 1 time every 2 months or something like that where we try out some of the plans that we have come up with. If there are issues that need to be fixed to make more fun we should write that down in the AAR and make the title "Game Type" and explain the outcome. I figure if we do a different one every time we can actually see what works and what doesnt. I just figured we might aswell try to see how our idea's work in the field.
Travis Perry
N.O.V.A. Team Leader
G&G SIG553
Custom SIG552
H&k Umerex G36CV
We G17
CYMA 030(with highcap mag)

Network Of Violent Activities - Thats what we are and what we do.