Capture and hold points
3 (18.8%)
Hostage Rescue
1 (6.3%)
Zombie
2 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: April 18, 2012, 06:51:43 PM

Author Topic: New ideas for Match Play?  (Read 43994 times)

Reverandff7

• Playing smarter
    • View Profile
Re: New ideas for Match Play?
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2010, 03:39:18 PM »
Well im glade you enjoyed... We(NOVA) Are trying to get more serious groups for the same thing thanks man.
Travis Perry
N.O.V.A. Team Leader
G&G SIG553
Custom SIG552
H&k Umerex G36CV
We G17
CYMA 030(with highcap mag)

Network Of Violent Activities - Thats what we are and what we do.

Dragon

« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2010, 04:01:41 PM »
We actually have one where things have to be done in the right sequence.  And it is a small sequence so it is possible and the time starts either opening or anything else we want to do.  It comes with instructions.  The trick is finding the right instructions inside of a set of 5 or 6 that have the corresponding wiring diagram before the timer goes off.  Awesome for the CQB.  Unfortunately we found that people thought it was great but once it was done and they didn't achieve it they wanted to just go and play.  They didn't like the tention and worrying about getting shot during the disarming process.  And I thought it was great for our Deeper Scenerio's but when I had people set up a perimeter around the bomb to be disarmed they always want to run out to find a fire fight and leave holes in the defence.  There are ways to fix it but with the size of our Events it just seems hard to get that many people to do things exactly.  And the scenerio events crowds are so unpredictable.  One reason we stopped doing them.  I always find it wierd that so many people ask for Scenerio games and when we put a lot of work into it the crowds goto 7 people from 40- 50 for the regular shootem up events. 
I am hoping some of our new blood from surrounding areas will be up for some good Scenerio games in the future. 
We have bomb disposal, getting past a keypad security door.  finding secret ways through and so on.  All while having a story line to follow.
Hmmmmm.  Who knows.. lol
Jon
Sogo Airsoft

I'd love to do this in CQB!  We always get lots of oppurtunity to shoot and get shot at, I wouldn't mind some more objective play besides force on force.
I like team work and strategy.

I know the newer/younger guys might not like it as much, because of the extra challenge level... but let em get in there with us , we'll let em shine as part of a team.

netshark993

• Come to the darkside, we have cookie.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2010, 05:01:09 PM »
reverend, we now have access to a private paintball course. i may invite you guys down for some objective play once we've gotten into the swing of things.
P* advocate

Reverandff7

• Playing smarter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2010, 05:36:02 PM »
Awsome... where? Would love to do stuff cause we can take some of these idea's that we have here and apply them.

To Jon: You think any of these ideas are viable in CQB
Travis Perry
N.O.V.A. Team Leader
G&G SIG553
Custom SIG552
H&k Umerex G36CV
We G17

netshark993

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2010, 06:28:32 PM »
its in Mtn view Area. its a pretty sweet course.
P* advocate

Dragon

« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2010, 06:35:14 PM »
hey, thats neat... when I was really little, I lived in Mt. View!

One of my favorite places to go is up by Fifty-Six a little branch of Sylamore Creek called Barkshed.  I hadn't been there in 6 years now... last time I went was on my birthday that long ago.

I bet that's a rockin area for Airsoft!

netshark993

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2010, 08:03:50 PM »
well, since you know the area, its between mtn view and summersville. and i personally like ratcliff. pretty cool little spot :D
P* advocate

Reverandff7

• Playing smarter
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2010, 07:18:07 AM »
Outdoor sceniros? Or in a building or what do you guys hold?
Travis Perry
N.O.V.A. Team Leader
G&G SIG553
Custom SIG552
H&k Umerex G36CV
We G17

netshark993

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2010, 07:30:28 AM »
it'd be a mixture :D its actually multiple buildings, bunkers and field play in one course. some of my family has built the place for thier private paintball play,
P* advocate

Reverandff7

• Playing smarter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2010, 10:17:07 AM »
Then yes in deed! Where at?
Travis Perry
N.O.V.A. Team Leader
G&G SIG553
Custom SIG552
H&k Umerex G36CV
We G17

netshark993

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2010, 05:28:22 PM »
pravate place. :D some of my family owns it. they use it for them and thier friends only. :P but this weekend i'm gonna test play it. i'll try and get a few pics maybe
P* advocate

Reverandff7

• Playing smarter
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2010, 09:18:10 AM »
Sweet... i acually ment what town but ok
Travis Perry
N.O.V.A. Team Leader
G&G SIG553
Custom SIG552
H&k Umerex G36CV
We G17

Dragon

« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2010, 02:15:13 AM »
Here's one we are going to run at our next trigger day...

We have these nice poly-fiber-glass cases, each one about 2feet across, 2.5 feet wide, and a 1.5 feet deep... weigh about 3-5 pounds each, but are a bit "bulky". Of course if anyone decides to use this idea, these can be substituted for any decent containers.

Please keep in mind, I wrote this for our use, so everything seems written from that perspective, so if ya want to use it, just modify it to reflect your own game/field:

Case #1   Is marked on the inside with a red "x" ... this case is a "booby" trapped IED that has a kill radius of 200 feet blast. Enough TnT to take out a small base, bunker... and any  Operators in the area, even if they are armored!

Case #2 Is marked inside with a blue "x" ... this is the "safe case", and contains general supplies, or gas mask... anything imaginary. It does have a special radio in it for a special purpose...

The set-up. Cases are pre-marked and closed before the event.  Only one of us should be privy to exactly which container is which. 

Another participant other than the one who marked the cases... goes and places them on the field being used in random fashion, way apart from each other, and away from any bases used... even disguising them slightly using terrain, leaves, weeds...ect.

When said player returns... teams are formed.  After this point, neither the participant who marked the cases, or "hid" them can touch the cases in any way, nor reveal any information about said cases.

This event is a modified Force on Force game, with extra challenge pushed in.

A single common "respawn" area will be set that both sides use. It should be away from bases, and in an area that gives no advantage to shooting any OPFORS, or being shot coming out of Respawn.

Both teams will have a "base" to start in.
We will use a one hit, your out until you respawn for this... upon which you can re-enter the game normally as many times as the game goes.

When the Green Light is given... both teams come out of the bases, trying to locate the cases, and eliminate any OPFOR along the way.

Now here's where the real challenge comes in....

A team can only possess ONE case at a time outside their base.  A team can only possess one case willingly until it is safely stored in their base.  If left unguarded, the case can be "stolen" from the base by the opposition. If one case is secure in a base, that team may opt to try and take the other case at that point.

One case is a very dirty bomb, and one is nothing harmful. 

The objective is to secure the harmless case in your base, and place the bomb case into the OPFOR's base.

Sounds easy right? Hahaha!
Here's the catch... only two people really know the difference, and they can't help anyone out. ( they can shoot, guard, ect... but can't touch the cases, move them, or reveal whats inside them. ) 
Once a case is opened... if it's the bomb, no matter where it is opened at... explodes immediately, no saves for anyone near.  It doesn't matter , if you are with-in 200 feet of the bomb when it goes off, you head to the respawn.  Cover, even a base can't stop the "bomb" blast radius.  If the two cases get with-in 50 feet of each other... the "bomb" pre-detonates and explodes. ( Remember that special Radio?)

If the "bomb" is figured out somehow ( supposedly by opening the other case most likely)  , then that team has to "sacrifice" at least one person to open it in the OPFORS base. 
Both cases can't be in the same close 50' area.

Game play continues until the "bomb" explodes, and the other case is secured in a base. ( the bomb can explode anywhere it's opened, even outside a base.) Once the "bomb" is gone, it can't be re-used. The "harmless case", always survives any blast or damage.

To further complicate things... the cases can be stolen ,and if someone is carrying a case before it gets in a base ( or after it's stolen out of one) and get's shot.. they have to drop it on the spot, and go to the respawn. The case is then fair game.

Since no one knows ( that can say so) which case is which... the only way is to take a chance and place a case in the OPFOR's base, and open it.

Respawns for a regular shot, can immediately return to battle after reaching the respawn point.

Those killed by the "bomb blast" have to wait a special 2 minute respawn wait for each team member killed in the blast that went off. ( if three team members were blown up, it'd be a 6 minute respawn wait for all three.)  If everyone in the game gets blasted, then all players return to their bases, and resume playing.

So, not only do ya not want to get shot, and have to make trips to the respawn.. this objective will make both teams make hard decisions, and use tactics and strategy... with a good measure of luck.
Who ever has the good case in their base, after the bomb explodes wins the objective.

Joe

• Plastic-Slingin' Primate
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2010, 10:06:36 AM »
Dragon, that's brilliant!
Joe
SA Admin
Instigator
Honorary D9 Member
Founding Member, WECSOA*
*Wile E. Coyote School Of Airsmithing

"A man your age . . ."
--Fuzzy

"Anybody got any duct tape?  I need to Joe this gun."
--Reverendff7

Renagade

« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2010, 10:14:34 AM »
I agree brillant and I might adopt this method at OP New Dawn if i may!?