Author Topic: The Force Awakens!  (Read 1347 times)

det. mcclane

The Force Awakens!
« on: November 28, 2014, 11:09:08 PM »
Gentlemen, it is a new era for the Star Wars franchise. Most of you guys know I'm a big sci-fi nerd, seeing as how I brought my Han Solo gear to the Halloween event last year. I have been waiting with baited breath for the first trailer ever since I heard JJ Abrams was going to be directing the newest movie in the Star Wars pantheon. He turned the dying Star Trek franchise interesting again, so I'm excited to see what he can do!   

Here is the official trailer for Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens.  Time to shine up my boots, throw on my vest and holster my blaster spring Mauser!  And yes, I am going in costume to the midnight showing next December should anyone care to join me. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMOVFvcNfvE

Supercell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • So Go Airsoft
Re: The Force Awakens!
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 11:18:57 PM »
Yea I saw this on Facebook.
Jon

Reverandff7

• Playing smarter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2014, 11:22:30 AM »
Yea only if we do at an IMAX or 3D my friend. I guess ill have to get my chewie outfit lol
Travis Perry
N.O.V.A. Team Leader
G&G SIG553
Custom SIG552
H&k Umerex G36CV
We G17
CYMA 030(with highcap mag)

Network Of Violent Activities - Thats what we are and what we do.

Joe

• Plastic-Slingin' Primate
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2014, 12:11:19 PM »
What this movie needs is Jar Jar Binks. 

As the prequels Lucas pinched off proved, the more Jar Jar, the greater the film.

PS.  Does look good.  I thought Imperial Stormtroopers were clones of some white guy but I'm hoping there's a good explanation of what we saw.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 12:19:41 PM by Joe »
Joe
SA Admin
Instigator
Honorary D9 Member
Founding Member, WECSOA*
*Wile E. Coyote School Of Airsmithing

"A man your age . . ."
--Fuzzy

"Anybody got any duct tape?  I need to Joe this gun."
--Reverendff7

Reverandff7

• Playing smarter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2014, 04:30:51 PM »
JOE YOU SIR ARE KIDDING ME RIGHT!!!! No more JAR JAR
Travis Perry
N.O.V.A. Team Leader
G&G SIG553
Custom SIG552
H&k Umerex G36CV
We G17
CYMA 030(with highcap mag)

Network Of Violent Activities - Thats what we are and what we do.

det. mcclane

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2014, 05:33:53 PM »
I'm betting it's a disguise, possibly he's on the run or perhaps he WAS a stormtrooper and defected for some reason. It's been known to happen. I do believe Han himself was in the Imperial Academy at one time, before being kicked out for rescuing a certain Wookie according to some of the older novels. In fact, conscription was how recruits were made before all that Clone Wars cloning nonsense.

The prequels ruined some of the magic just by explaining a bunch of crap. Midichlorians? Cloning? Boba Fett as a little kid? All nonsense of the highest order.   Ben Kenobi described the force as "an energy field that binds the galaxy together" and that is much more interesting than microorganisms in your cells that make you a Force user.

Lucas had his time, and made a damn fine trilogy of movies that spawned comics, fan films, and a bazillion novels.  I am all for this new start. It breathes life into a franchise that has become all about the merchandise and making crap cartoons for kids.

Joe, I think you have become a master at trolling people, lol. Nice work, I think Travis may blow a blood vessel if you keep it up.

Joe

• Plastic-Slingin' Primate
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2014, 05:56:45 PM »
Original trilogy:
The Force = "Energy field that binds"
Jabba The Hut
Darth Vader as an competent, thinking adult

Prequel Trilogy:
The Force = Space Cooties
Jar Jar Binks
Darth Vader as:  (1) an annoying child; (2) a whiny adolescent or (3) an irritatingly hot-headed young man.  All portrayed with the emotional range of a brick wall.

You say "troll"; I say "sarcasm".  "Pinching one off" is a vulgar euphemism for the act of defecation.  I thought the context was clear.

I was apparently mistaken.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 06:01:29 PM by Joe »
Joe
SA Admin
Instigator
Honorary D9 Member
Founding Member, WECSOA*
*Wile E. Coyote School Of Airsmithing

"A man your age . . ."
--Fuzzy

"Anybody got any duct tape?  I need to Joe this gun."
--Reverendff7

det. mcclane

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2014, 09:21:29 PM »
It's cool, I got it, lol. 

And yes, the prequels are equivalent to taking the Browns to the Superbowl. Yay for toilet humor!

On a more positive note, I am actually looking forward to seeing some acting in a Star Wars movie again. How do you manage to put Samuel Jackson, Ewan McGregor (related to the guy who played Wedge Antilles, the only pilot to survive all three orginal movies), and Christopher Lee into a movie and have it be that boring?  Anyone interested in that question and why the prequels are that bad should check out Red Letter Media's reviews of the movies on youtube, pretty great stuff.

I do like the look of this new film. Granted, the teaser is only about 90 seconds long, but it has given us nerds enough stuff to talk about for months, lol. Already my Facebook feed is filling up with posts on theories and discussions on what it could be about. 
A very exciting time for all us nerds out there.