Author Topic: Looking to do some serious upgrades....  (Read 1304 times)

Fenix031882

• View Profile
Looking to do some serious upgrades....
« on: January 21, 2015, 03:21:07 PM »
I've been wrestling with buying a new gun or just sinking some money into my ERG and I've came to the conclusion that upgrading gets me more bang for my buck.  So I'm looking at some overhauling and I wanted/needed the help of this community, here's my thoughts.

Budget:
--$275
Barrel:
--Prometheus 6.03 455 steel barrel
Bucking:
--Maple leaf 70* bucking
Gearbox:
--ICS Aluminum piston
--Guarder Bore-up cylinder set
Electrical:
--Burst Wizard Mosfet (shooting over 400 I'll have to have a way to turn off full auto)
Spring:
--I'll use the stock spring but purchase a Matrix 120 spring to change over when I go to SOGO (ERG's have a quick change)

Am I on the right track with these?  Any thoughts/suggestions on different items?

I'm not necessarily looking for 400-450fps, just solid and consistent with good accuracy

I'll probably be using .28-.32 bb's outdoor and the normal .20 indoors

I appreciate the info thats sure to come!!
Its always better to be a first rate version of yourself than a second rate version of someone else.

Yesterday is the past, tomorrow is unknown, today is a gift, thats why they call it the present.

KWA Magpul ERG
G&G Scar L
JG M4A1 enhanced
WE M9 Marine edition
Echo 1 P90
Tri shot Shotgun
G&G MP5

Fenix031882

• View Profile
Re: Looking to do some serious upgrades....
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 09:02:42 AM »
Wow, really no one has chimed in.....does my breathe stink? :-\
Its always better to be a first rate version of yourself than a second rate version of someone else.

Yesterday is the past, tomorrow is unknown, today is a gift, thats why they call it the present.

KWA Magpul ERG
G&G Scar L
JG M4A1 enhanced
WE M9 Marine edition
Echo 1 P90
Tri shot Shotgun
G&G MP5

Supercell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • So Go Airsoft
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 09:17:36 AM »
They will. I am in Vegas at the shot show. So I know my guys are busy doing other stuff. But I'm sure they will get on here soon enough.
Jon

Fenix031882

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2015, 10:25:10 AM »
TBH If a sogo guy wants to get in touch with me I'd talk price vs budget to just have you guys do what I need/want. 

KWA Magpul ERG
G&G Scar L
JG M4A1 enhanced
WE M9 Marine edition
Echo 1 P90
Tri shot Shotgun
G&G MP5

Joe

• Plastic-Slingin' Primate
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Looking to do some serious upgrades....a
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2015, 12:20:39 PM »
Fenix,

A few thoughts:

1.  A 120 spring is still going to have you shooting near 380 fps with a .20 g bb.  You'll probably want a 90 or so spring for indoor use;

2.  If you want to use the gun outdoors then you can keep the 120 spring and keep it under 400.  You won't then need the MOSFET (saving you some money), keep full auto as an option and reduce wear and tear on your gun's innards;

3.  I don't know about gearboxes, etc so I don't have technical insights to share about your gun's inner workings;

4.  If I understand your post, you're planning on a 455 mm inner barrel?  You may find it be a bit too long to drive in the tight quarters you'll encounter in CQB 1 and CQB 2;

Good luck with your baby!

EDIT:  Misread your budgeted amount.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 12:22:27 PM by Joe »
Joe
SA Admin
Instigator
Honorary D9 Member
Founding Member, WECSOA*
*Wile E. Coyote School Of Airsmithing

"A man your age . . ."
--Fuzzy

"Anybody got any duct tape?  I need to Joe this gun."
--Reverendff7

Fenix031882

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2015, 06:08:11 PM »
Joe! Thanks for your post.

My guns inner barrel is natively 395 so that added length is only my flash hider (which is on the gun always) maybe this gun just shouldn't go indoors :-(

KWA Magpul ERG
G&G Scar L
JG M4A1 enhanced
WE M9 Marine edition
Echo 1 P90
Tri shot Shotgun
G&G MP5

SoNorUs

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2015, 10:02:45 PM »
You might look into the ZCI 6.02 barrel. They are 1/3 the price of a prommy but still perform great. Just make sure you get the newer one that has a better window.

MickeyD

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2015, 10:33:16 PM »
I'll chime in as well I suppose. The MOSFET you are looking at does not do a very good job of limiting full-auto, I've already gone that route with my DMR to make it field legal. There are other mods (FREE ones) I can show you that can limit an AEG to semi-auto if that is a necessity for you. As for everything else, Joe has it pretty well covered. Just be careful not to start throwing money at a gun without set goals and researching ways to reach them. If you have any questions feel free to call So Go at 417-485-2579
Magpul EVERYTHING