Author Topic: Mounted Double M16 support weapon...  (Read 7767 times)

Metal

• View Profile
Re: Mounted Double M16 support weapon...
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2011, 05:29:35 AM »
The A&K M60 is actually not a bad gun, it's just that A&K support weapons seem to have very lacking hopup. I can see a support gun being a little inaccurate, but I wouldn't want it to be too bad.

Suprisingly my little KWA CQB will outrange and is more accurate than my little brother's Matrix M4 Sportsline shooting at least 50fps hotter than my KWA. I've found that longer barrels USUALLY increase range but it's not a rule as well as a longer barrel doesn't mean better accuracy than a shorter one. These are kinda 'rules of thumb' I go by that prove to be true more ofter than they don't. One big thing people tend to overlook when changing barrels is the cylinder in thier gearbox in combination with thier new barrel length. But anyways, lets not get off topic here. lols

I was just thinking, if you were to do this mounted double gun build, the G36 would be much lighter with thier polymer bodies. Also you could get an M4/M16 magazine adapter if the G36 mags proved to be too hard to get or too pricey. Also as we disgused earlier the G36 has the more reliable V3 gearbox. Right now the G36 is looking to be the better candidate for the job in weight, gun cost, and reliability/longevity. That's my opinion though.

Renagade

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2011, 07:47:32 AM »
Well I was thinking more of like 2/240b or 2/249saws. put together on a tripod, For a base deffense weapon.

netshark993

• Come to the darkside, we have cookie.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2011, 08:42:09 AM »
You could get two 249's and they have a polymer body kit that will make them like the old MA duce. it'd be the most aggressive thing you'd ever see.
P* advocate

Dragon

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2011, 12:24:29 PM »
lol...

Yeah I magwell adapted my g36 for the same reasons.  Couldn't find a decent supply of mids, so I switched em.

I always try to go full cylinder when I can help it.  I care nothing for light pistons and fast ROF firing. Even my use of Lipo will be more for trigger response than having an increased ROF... except for my MP5DS6 of which I kinda would like both... but thats based on 7.4 Lipo not the big bad 11.6 set up.

I always thought it's the air seal that's more important than barrel length myself.  In theory, it doesn't do anyone any good to have a longer path to travel, if the air bleeds out behind the BB to begin with.

Using G36s would probably be cheaper in the long run... and given their body style... I'm starting to lean that direction as well.  As I plan on having the array frame made out of aluminum tubing I think it'd work out better.  maybe. 

Guys I'm not going to use SAWs for the array.  Lol. 
They are way to costly for one thing, and even though it'd be a scary AEG set up to be on the receiving end of it... still too heavy and would need a much larger frame system, larger tripod and swivel mount at the very least for.
 Plus, you guys need to see the real steel version of the water-cooled double M16 array on Sons of Guns episode.  Talk about impressive!
 Here's my thing after buying and firing the M60 ...
I got it. It looks cool. It's scary in the hands of our support gunner.  5000 Rounds of pure mean coming at you and it seems like it never stops.
How-ever... it's still an AEG.  What it lacks in it's RS counterpart is the increased actual firepower.

You can get the same effect with almost any AEG and slapping a decent battery and box mag on em.  In fact, many guys using high caps, pretty much do the same thing anyways... sling BB after BB into an area for a lucky hit or suppression.  << Based off that... an m60 or SAW is more or less alot of dead weight, comparatively. It looks cool.  It's more "accepted" on MilSim fields than say M16 based "support" weapons with box mags and c-mags.  That's really the only advantage it has.
If say H&K made em better... I think it'd be a different story there.  However... after the initial "coolness" factor has worn off, and you really take a scrutinized look at em... basically it' s still just another BB slinging AEG... often quite inaccurate one at that.

The thing about this project is to have more accuracy out of a support weapon, while remaining light. 
It isn't something anyone really "needs" per say.  I thought it'd be fun to try and make.

If someone else wants to make an array for a m60 or SAW ... or mount up any other AEGs into one... I think that is alright and cool.  I myself though... budget wise and for what I would want to use it for... I'm sticking to either M16 or G36 Array.

netshark993

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2011, 05:17:57 PM »
but, if you do the MA duce body kit SAW, you can come up with something like this:  http://operatorchan.org/k/arch/src/k174511_US%20M2%20.50%20BMG%20(12.7x99mm)%20Browning%20HMG%20dual%20naval.jpg
P* advocate

Dragon

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2011, 06:31:24 PM »
that is sweet...

but just think of that on a smaller scale and it'd be pretty much the same thing.

netshark993

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2011, 06:51:05 PM »
i've seen the one from sons of guns, but i'd rather have the M2 browning .50... soo sexy haha
P* advocate

Boba Fett

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2011, 12:13:41 AM »
wow that naval gun is...wow

Metal

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2011, 03:53:43 AM »
You're very right on the air seal thing Dragon. Also a full cylinder will accomidate the really long barrels all the way down to the  really short ones. The only thing is like you said with a shorter barrel it can kinda slow your gun down. In the case of my KWA CQB, I love the ported cylinder because of the added rate of fire it gets me. Suprisingly KWA uses a cylender that is ported just a little bit in thier M16's and SR12/10's and somehow they have no trouble with the longer barrel. I've actually gave my old KWA SR12 cylinder to a friend that was upgrading his Echo1 M16A4 DMR and it was aweful. He was only getting about 275fps with an M120 spring. We swapped it out and installed a full cylinder and problem solved.

On the subject of air seal, more and more that is one of my top priority upgrades besides barrel and hopup. Growing up when my dad was training me to do benchrest competitive shooting and IPSC style shooting he always told me that CONSISTANCY was the key to accuracy. Basically saying that the more things that are exactly the same for every shot, the more accurate you'll be. This is not any less true in airsoft. All the guns that seem to be my favorites have an average max velocity variance of only 5fps lowest to highest throughout a 5 shot string. Let me tell you that that is very impressive seeing as it blew my dad and my minds in that not even real guns can achieve that. Plus with a better air seal if you want to up your velocity a super strong spring is not necessary. I have actually been advised by some VERY reputable snipers/marksman that bore up kits are THE way to go especially in a DMR and especially a DMR utilizing a V2 gearbox.

There allot of OPs that allow supprt guns to shoot up to 450fps, so a bore up kit may not be a bad idea for a upgrade in this build you're doing. It would deffinitely make the guns more efficient with the stock parts that are provided.