Author Topic: Oberland Arms OA-15 M8  (Read 7181 times)

Rockstar

• Lead by example
    • View Profile
Oberland Arms OA-15 M8
« on: December 07, 2011, 12:21:17 PM »
Ok, so I recently found a gun that pretty much meets all my requirements for an outdoor gun. Since the limit for SoGo is 300 fps, i have an M4 to use there and just can't seem to shake my want for M4's. I have looked at many guns, but decided i want an M4, or something that takes m4 mags so I wouldn't have to buy different mags. Anyways the Oberland Arms M4 which is actually King Arms made seems like a very good gun. It has some cool features like included flip up iron sights (looks like the Troy battle sights but im not sure.), a free float rail system, metal body, crane stock, shoots 350-400 fps, and is very upgradable. Those were basically my requirements. So... to actually get to the point of this post, what do you guys think of it or what have you guys heard?
Austin Metcalf
C.A.M.O Member

-"Sir, we're surrounded!"
-"Perfect. We can attack in any direction."

ShootEmUp

Re: Oberland Arms OA-15 M8
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 04:50:06 PM »
I've never heard anything about Oberland Arms. If it's made by King Arms I mean it will be okay and fairly upgradable. I looked at this gun and didn't think it was worth $350, I think it worth kind of the same price of JG if I were to guess but also it has alot of King Arms accesories. Also, this is just me, I absolutely hate quick-detatch rear sling mounts especially the one it comes stock with. You get alot of goodies from King Arms and their accesories are really good. I havn't ever heard very good things about gearboxes in King Arms stuff but other than that it seems alright to save for.

ShootEmUp

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 04:58:16 PM »
Alright, I did a little research on Oberland Arms and they're really good. That is because I was looking at real firearms, well if your looking for a real AR-15 than you're in luck because it sounds like they're pretty good. I couldn't find anything on research but I didn't look to hard. It turns out that Oberland Arms is a German company because I went directly to their website and immediatley got a head trying to read: l;jaldjalf;san a jodfhahfa oiahof. Okay, it wasn't that bad but once I figured out they were German I read several reviews only to find out that all of this is stuff they're saying is about real firearms.

What I'm thinking is if Oberland Arms is praised so much for their real weapons than their airsoft guns should be alright to, you know what I'm saying?

P.S.: This topic should probably go in the General Airsoft section but this works. Just for future reference, thanks!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 05:44:34 PM by ShootEmUp »

Rockstar

• Lead by example
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 08:41:14 PM »
Well i already did the research before i posted this and i was asking for peoples opinions which is basically their reviews right? I did post it in the reviews section didn't I? ??? I don't see the problem.  :-\Anyways, i have never heard of anything bad from King Arms products and really the only reason it has the Oberland Arms title is due to the licensing, because it has their trademarks. I did make a model of what i would upgrade it to (externally that is) on a really cool gun builder website. I will post a picture. The only thing is, the rail system on the airsoft gun is unique so i was unable to find it on the builder so its almost like it would look like, but not exactly. 
Austin Metcalf
C.A.M.O Member

ShootEmUp

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2011, 08:58:24 PM »
Oberland Arms made the gun, King Arms equipped it with it's accessories like side rails and raised combat sights. I've never heard of Oberland Arms and I asked a few of my buddies and they are way big into airsoft and they have never heard of Oberland Arms so unless someone actually has one of there airsoft guns than I don't think anyone would know who Oberland Arms is.

P.S.: Oberland Arms only makes one gun replicating one of their real firearms and there are two versions: the OA-15 and the OA-14.

ShootEmUp

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2011, 09:19:19 PM »
Yeah, that's what I meant to say, M7 and M8. The M8 is longer than the other, in the long run I think you should probably do a lot more research for that gun before you pull the trigger. I always go by first, what catches my eye, then can I afford this if so move on, next does it have the features I want, what are the pros and cons. If it has the features I want and it has enough pros and not very many cons that's when I research it to the ground. The gun I'm saving up for right now I've been researching for a year and am still researching it and accessories to go along with it. The only time I'll stop researching it is when I actually buy unless I find something I don't like about it which I still have yet to find. What I'm saying is, just because you see a gun you like and it has a lot of fps or a high torque motor or whatever it is, that shouldn't be the extent of the research. You don't have to research it to the ground like me but you should feel confident about your buy instead of switching to a new gun fantasy the next week. You following me?

Rockstar

• Lead by example
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2011, 09:24:37 PM »
Im following you, and i have done plenty of research and this meets every requirement of my outdoor gun. Oh and the price, since the site i am ordering from is offering discounts, i can get the gun for $305 shipped. I dont know about you but i think that's a darn great deal! And I cannot get a picture up but here's what i want to do to it.

Internal:
Tightbore Barrel-363mm
Mock Suppressor to cover up longer inner barrel
Fishbone Hopup Spacer

External:
MagPul MOE, CTR, or UBR stock(CTR or UBR if i have the money. Btw isnt MagPuls airsoft and real steel products awesome? lol)
MagPul MOE or MIAD grip
Either an Acog replica red dot scope or preferably a 4x32 replica Acog scope
Either a MagPul AFG or grenade launcher for the under barrel mount(most likely grenade launcher if i get red dot and AFG if i get the actual 4x32 Acog)

As you can see i have quite a plan for it. Will it get done? Who knows. I never make up my mind lol.
Austin Metcalf
C.A.M.O Member

ShootEmUp

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2011, 09:32:20 PM »
Yeah Magpul would be the way to go talking about accessories such as stocks and slings, etc. For sights, I would go with a compact rifle scope, that's my personal load-out preferance but my next choice would be a slightly magnifying ACOG. As for the gun, well, I guess I'm just weary to say, "YEAH MAN! THAT'S A GREAT GUN!", mostly because me nor no one else I have asked has even HEARD of Oberland Arms as well as shot one.

Rockstar

• Lead by example
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2011, 09:38:13 PM »
And if everybody is wary of buying due to other people telling them so, then you'll never hear anybody talk about Oberland Arms. Besides, im not worried since it has King Arms internals. I don't put my guns through complete hell, and if my Classic Army Sportline M4 has held up this well, then this m4 should do just fine. And the Acog i really want with a 4x zoom you can only order from Hong Kong and have to have a paypal account which i do not have, nor have anybody that has one and could order it for me, let me borrow to order it, etc... so im kinda sol unless i get from from the US that isnt the style i want and is twice as expensive.
Austin Metcalf
C.A.M.O Member

ShootEmUp

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2011, 09:41:05 PM »
I'm not saying it is bad and the reason no one has heard of their guns is because they have only made one. Also, my research told me it was OBERLAND ARMS internals, not King Arms.

Rockstar

• Lead by example
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2011, 09:49:22 PM »
Really? My research told me it was manufactured by King Arms, so redundantly, the gun is King Arms quality but with Oberland Arms trademarks.
Austin Metcalf
C.A.M.O Member

ShootEmUp

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2011, 09:51:13 PM »
I just thought it used King Arms externals but some other internals produced by Oberland Arms over in Germany. Atleast that's what I found.

Rockstar

• Lead by example
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2011, 09:54:41 PM »
Well I read about it and watched a few videos and it does come with lots of King Arms accessories i.e. Troy Battle Sights, QD Sling Swivel, etc... and if you watched the same video i did, they make it sound almost like your thinking, but im positive its all King Arms.
Austin Metcalf
C.A.M.O Member

ShootEmUp

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2011, 09:56:43 PM »
I'll look into it some more and learn German so I can read on their website.

Rockstar

• Lead by example
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2011, 10:02:03 PM »
Well I don't think reading on their website will tell very much information about their airsoft version rifles but you never know.
Austin Metcalf
C.A.M.O Member