Author Topic: Operation Black Cloud  (Read 1570 times)

det. mcclane

Operation Black Cloud
« on: April 15, 2012, 10:25:30 PM »
Hey guys, just wanted to post a partial AAR on the events in Columbia. Note: I was only there until about 5pm on Saturday, so I cannot speak for the night events or the second day. I will basically break this down into three parts: The Good, The Bad, and general thoughts.

First off, I would like to thank Renagade for putting this on. It was a great time with great people and I definitely cannot wait for the next one. To the gentlemen who drove in from Illinois, it was great meeting you and thanks for letting me fondle that Systema MP5, very cool. To all of my fellow CWD agents, congratulations on a job well done. You NOVA guys are awesome and I'd run with you guys any day of the week.

The CWD agent's role in this scenario was to sell nerve agents to Somali gunmen. This was accomplished during the first day and executed even with US special Forces interdiction. The roleplaying by the Somalis was top notch and when CWD turned on them after finishing the transaction, their surprise could not have been more genuine. I would like to commend the Asian gentleman on the Somali team, who displayed great honesty and didn't want me to take a hit after we both shot each other in the standoff saying "It's cool, you shot me first." I apologize, I never got your name, but kudos to you for being such a cool guy.

The Good: Absolutely a fun event, weather turned out perfect. Great hit calling by everyone, saw no evidence of cheating or non hit calling by anyone. It appeared everyone had a good time, no tempers flared up or anything like that, just a group of guys playing out a good scenario.

The Bad: I believe everyone needs to work on having mags out and no firing in the parking area/safe zone. This is a big thing for Springfield games, I absolutely believe it needs to be enforced at MidMO events as well. This includes the CWD guys as well, saw wayyyyy too much muzzle flagging with mags in (and out) around folks with no eyepro.
Also, I'm not entirely sure what was going on with the firecrackers, but those need to stop. Renagade, I understand this is your event, but tossing around firecrackers (especially in the safe zone) is definitely not a good thing to be doing in any case. It's dangerous, and nobody likes loud bangs going off right next to them in a safe zone.

Again, definitely a great event and hopefully this means that more airsoft can happen in my area. Next time on 60 minutes, I discuss cookies!

Fenix031882

• View Profile
Re: Operation Black Cloud
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 11:15:29 PM »
I'll follow Det. Mcclane's AAR up with my thoughts:

Thank you Mid-Mo for getting this event set up, I appreciate the effort involved in getting a large group of people in the same place at the same time.  I thought the Somali's where great sports and played their parts well, the part where the CWD decided to take over the Somali camp was priceless, I'll remember that for a long time to come.

--The Good:  Didn't experience any questionable hit calling, everyone made the best of the situations at hand, I enjoyed meeting new people, and I think everyone made the best of the conditions.  I appreciate all the hard work that Renegade and Mid-Mo airsoft put in clearing trails, building bases, and planning this event.  The players all really got into the scenerio's, when CWD captured the Somali base the banter back and forth was amazing, and the 1 Somali guy that decided he was going to attempt to take down the CWD force by himself was the ballsiest player of the day (he got blasted of course, but a baller non the less.)

--The Bad:  The field conditions where terrible, the open field was essentially a marsh with some parts being 6-10 inches deep (I personally killed 4 snakes slithering around my legs as we tried to move stealthily in the watery conditions).  Communication was lacking, there where numerous times where people had no idea what the current objective was, or even that the field was in play (we had multiple blind man issues with people not realizing the game was back on).  The field was set up very awkward, the CWD's base was within 50 yards of the Somali's while the US forces where nestled way up on a ridge on the opposite side of the property (it took the CWD less that an hour on the first day to complete their primary objective).

--Firecrackers...........  You want to do this on the field to somehow "heighten" your personal experience, then that's cool with me, HOWEVER DO NOT light them and throw them at people in the safe area, I found it to be annoying, dumb, and when I had one go off less than 3 feet from my wife and child and had part of the firecracker actually hit my son at the end of the day while everyone was loading gear into vehicles was close to the breaking point for me.  My wife was offended and you frightened my child and I believe you owe them an apology, you need to think before you do things like this because you will eventually want people to show up for more ops.

I agree with Mcclane, mags in guns as well as guns firing in safe areas (I am just as guilty as anyone else) was wrong, I saw several situations where people where wondering through "test" fire areas with little to no regard to any form of safety.

All and all I had fun, I always enjoy meeting new people (Nathan, Nate, Det. Mcclane you guys rock and I'll sling plastic with you any day) and getting the opportunity to play with NOVA (thank you again Travis/Rev.)  Renegade I think that what you wanted to happen would have been extremely awesome however the field conditions are what really ruined it for me, as well as the sudden scenario changes with all the backstabbing, there where several times where teams had no idea who was against who and what the current objective was.  Over all if I had to give this op a score out of ten I would give it a 6.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 08:02:47 AM by Fenix031882 »
Its always better to be a first rate version of yourself than a second rate version of someone else.

Yesterday is the past, tomorrow is unknown, today is a gift, thats why they call it the present.

KWA Magpul ERG
G&G Scar L
JG M4A1 enhanced
WE M9 Marine edition
Echo 1 P90
Tri shot Shotgun
G&G MP5

Renagade

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 05:21:06 PM »
(I personally killed 4 snakes slithering around my legs as we tried to move stealthily in the watery conditions.)
 Everyone was told to leave the wild life alone. As your admetance to this neglection in following rules your atendance is pending being band from our fields.

FIRECRACKERS?... I never through them at anyone. I gave the breifing on that in morning brief It was in play area and I would be throwing them in a direction where noone would be.

as well as the sudden scenario changes with all the backstabbing, There was never any changes in the scenario. " Different Missions came up" However I gave full control over Who and Whom the team leaders where and there rules and roles were. Also If you didnt like how malitia team up with CWD then Teamed up with Us Forces Talk to your team leaders that was their call.

det. mcclane

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 06:07:09 PM »
With all due respect Renagade, and I don't mean to cause trouble, but you WERE throwing firecrackers around the the safe zone at each of the new folks that showed up. The ones thrown in the field aren't that big of a deal to me, though I would rather you have been doing other things. The part that is bothering me is that they were thrown around in the parking area, where next to no one had eyepro on. Again, just wanted to make it clear THAT is the part I have the problem with. To be perfectly honest if it does happen again in a safe area, I will not be returning to that field.

As for the snake issue, I would have done the exact same thing. Granted, I could probably tell the difference between a harmless black snake and something a bit more dangerous, but it's better to be safe than sorry. I would rather have a few dead snakes than someone bitten and have to be rushed to a hospital.

Again, not trying to cause trouble but I did want to point out something I had an issue with and make sure that it's thought about for the next event. I appreciate your help in this.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 06:09:42 PM by det. mcclane »

Reverandff7

• Playing smarter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 06:15:24 PM »
Again i have not posted my AAR yet because there are some things that the whole team would like to say. I just wanted to say a quick blurp. It was fun... it would have been more fun if it was re-scheduled another time. The firecracker thing didnt bother me in the field but when i was sitting there standing and talk to fenix and his wife... you did walk infront of us and light one up and lay one down right there by them. That was the only time i saw the proximity of the toss. Like i said i only saw that one... i heard others but i wasnt a witness. But AAR coming from NOVA will be inbound we are just making sure we get input from everyone and posting 1 report instead of multiples.
Travis Perry
N.O.V.A. Team Leader
G&G SIG553
Custom SIG552
H&k Umerex G36CV
We G17
CYMA 030(with highcap mag)

Network Of Violent Activities - Thats what we are and what we do.