Author Topic: MAGPUL FPG  (Read 5373 times)

Brendon

MAGPUL FPG
« on: April 20, 2012, 11:35:37 AM »
The Magpul FPG, otherwise a Glock-in-a-box. Lucky for me So Go got some in. This gun is just a blast to use so far. I haven't had any problems with the firing or the unfolding of the gun. The only real problem with this gun is that I am still unsure what it is supposed to look like folded up. So here are the real pros and cons:

Pros:
Very compact
Very light
Uses a Glock 18 slide
Top rail for any scopes or optics you would like to mount.
Magpul trades

Cons:
It uses a Glock 18 slide.
The orange on the end is like trying to find the sun, you will indeed find it.
When using regular (not extended) Glock mags, you have to take off the butt plate.
It uses propane or green gas (bad for mid-western states or the northern states)
Internal fire selector

The Glock 18 Slide:
It is both a pro and a con as mentioned above. A pro because with the ATP recently coming out, the ATP mags fit. Also, KWA still sells the parts if something ever happens. It is an extremely good note for me because I have another Glock 18. Glock 18s also carry a very fast fire rate behind them.

It is a con that it uses this slide, because 18s go down quick once that pin falls out. To much wear and tear. Which hopefully KWA has found a way to fix the pin failing, with this being a gun that uses this slide.

If you've ever seen this thing, you may think it is extremely uncomfortable to hold. I did not add anything about that because that is something I found to be to opinion-sporadic. I do personally find it extremely comfortable, some people probably wont.

Over all, I personally give this gun a 4.5 out of 5.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 12:53:05 PM by Brendon »

Metal

• View Profile
Re: MAGPUL FPG
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 06:57:04 PM »
I'd like to try that thing out sometime if we're both at SoGo at the same time. I was looking those just last weekend before the trigger day. I've always liked the idea of them. One of the pro's if read about the one you got 'glock in a box', is that they're a tad different than the kits that require you provide your own Glock slide. I'm not even 100% sure that there is a KWA compatible slide in there. Either way, the complete guns are supposed to be a little more efficient on gas and a little more reliable from what I hear. I've even seen barrel extension kits for those that bring the fps up to around 350fps and truly make it like an SMG.

I'd like to see if the new ATP Auto slides will work in those kits. You know they'll still have the ROF of the old Glocks with added reliability and better gas efficiency with the NS2 system.

Brendon

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 09:32:52 PM »
I've read multiple times that KWA does indeed make the slides for Magpul. And about the ATPs; I've heard that they don't fit regular Glocks, but use the same internals. Then again, it might just be an ATP upper to 18c lower, considering thats all I asked my friend about. I'd also like to see if a 17 slide would fit on there. Much less to say, Metal, we have a lot of experimenting to do my friend.

Metal

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 02:57:21 AM »
I've slapped my ATP slide onto my old 18C frame. It fired, but only on semi auto of coarse. I think a 17 slide or ATP (if it would work) would be great in one of those FPG's. You could control our fire a whole lot better that way.

Somehow I think when KWA finally releases the ATP Auto, they'll make an updated version of the FPG to accept the new slide. THEN the....well I guess you could say the 17 version of the ATP or just the 'regular' slide might fit.

Honestly, the only thing that has held me back from buying an FPG is the KRISS.

Fenix031882

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 09:15:19 AM »
Oh.......my......god.......must.......touch......KRISS...........  /drools on keyboard
Its always better to be a first rate version of yourself than a second rate version of someone else.

Yesterday is the past, tomorrow is unknown, today is a gift, thats why they call it the present.

KWA Magpul ERG
G&G Scar L
JG M4A1 enhanced
WE M9 Marine edition
Echo 1 P90
Tri shot Shotgun
G&G MP5

Brendon

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2012, 10:37:20 AM »
I heard the KRISS doesn't use Glock mags like it was expected. Do you have any updated info on that? Because I actually planned on getting one too.

keasop

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2012, 06:09:19 PM »
i do believe it takes it own style mag

Echo 1 ST6
WE 1911 MEU

Shifty

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2012, 06:39:32 PM »
Nice review. Stay on topic.
haha you're right, I was an idiot last night.

keasop

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2012, 10:41:48 PM »
how easy is it to take down and maintain
Echo 1 ST6
WE 1911 MEU

Brendon

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2012, 04:01:33 PM »
As far as getting silicone in and around the gun, it is extremely easy. The only problem I've had is figuring out how to get it off the slide.

Black Viking

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2012, 11:02:58 PM »
I thought about getting one but the only thing i didnt like was the glock slides and the tip. It is kind of expensive to

Supercell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • So Go Airsoft
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2012, 09:55:43 AM »
It is pricey.  But from the guys who bought them and use them at So Go.  They really seem to like them.

Jon
So Go Airsoft

Brendon

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2012, 01:02:32 AM »
Like? I believe you mean love.

Boba Fett

• 日本バンザイ
    • View Profile
    • CAMO Airsoft Team Forum
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2012, 12:55:39 PM »
I'm jealous. I seem to be having dreams about the FPG lately...

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading."