Author Topic: King Arms GBBR  (Read 4435 times)

Dragon

King Arms GBBR
« on: May 18, 2011, 08:12:37 AM »
I know Jon got a couple of these back a few months ago...

I'm looking for someone ( if they got bought) to do a full review on one, both pros and cons, very detailed that has put one through some use.

Since KWA doesn't seem like they are ever going to release a decent M4 GBBR ( even though it was at a shot show before ) ...  I want to again address an alternative.

However an alternative in a GBBR , in my opinion ... has to stand up to wear and tear and actual use.
 It has to have decent gas pressure on all shots in it's mags.
It should be able to be broken down for maintenance and cleaned easily.

The problem I'm having is.. I've watched video reviews on these gas rifles, but they are almost always brand new and more focused on showing they fire on full auto , than they are showing the ins and outs of the GBBRs.
 So I want someone that's had one , and used it ... to tell me how it performs after a good a bit of use.

Metal

• View Profile
Re: King Arms GBBR
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 01:59:49 PM »
I too am very curious about these.

One of the reasons I am so interested in these KA M4's is the 50rd mags. With a 50rd mag that only barely under the amount of ammo allot of AEG mid caps will hold, so the ammo capacity gap is almost non-exhistant.

Another reason it would be cool to own one of these KA M4's is that they are supposedly BATF approved.

Bottom line though is that we're looking for a skirmishable GBBR M4. After seeing Avi's WE M4, I'm not very impressed and want to make sure the KA is for sure better before I start investing in one.

Supercell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • So Go Airsoft
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 06:52:34 PM »
I'll make this quick for right now.  I really liked the KA M4 in regards to how it felt and fired.  We never have had the chance to use it in the field.  There is a small plastic piece that slides in the outside of what I would call the housing.  And it broke in both of the KA GBB M4's that I have.  One still is operating just fine even though the piece is broke in half.  The other one broke into more pieces and doesn't work at this time.  I asked them why they had to put this little plastic piece in the metal gun.  When they send me the replacement part I am going to pour some extra pieces at our Supercell shop so that I will have replacements.  We are also talking to some people around here that does metal working to see if they can help us with this little part.
Again, I really liked what I felt.  But don't have a good idea on the over all gun until we actually get to use it during game play.

Jon
So go Airsoft
Supercell

Sundown

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 04:43:53 PM »
I actually got to fire one of the rifles before it broke the plastic piece that he is talking. I loved the feel, the decent amount of recoil for the added realism, and the fact the internal parts look realistic., even the bolt catch is fully functional, when the mag runs out of BB's. The gun had a consistent grouping as well. Once the plastic part issue is resolved I will be buying one for sure.

Shifty

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2011, 10:51:54 PM »
I too was impressed when I shot it. If the fps was more adjustable I would consider buying one as-well.
haha you're right, I was an idiot last night.

Dragon

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2011, 10:44:12 AM »
What exactly is the purpose of the plastic part?

I seen on a Vid where they had plastic "spacers" to control the FPS ratings... I can't recall exactly now if more equaled less FPS ( for getting it 300 FPS or lower) or the other way around... but when you had so many "spacers" in it the bolt catch didn't lock back when you ran out of ammo.

I thought it was a cool aspect to have at least some way to lower and raise FPS ...

wait... or was it to control rounds per second? Dang, I wish I could find that vid now to make sure... I've watched so many GBBR Vids, they all seem to run together now.

I'm like Metal ... I am not impressed with WE GBBRs either. 

I do know I would have loved to be able to run with a GBBR during OKiNV 6... out of the whole event, I might have used 500 rounds total, ( 4 mid cap mags and maybe 1/3 of the fifth one.) So the GBBR would have added some nice realism to the play there for sure, and I wouldn't have worried so much about how much ammo I could carry.

Supercell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • So Go Airsoft
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2011, 10:55:35 AM »
The plastic piece(s) you speak of are for the FPS and RPS.  There is one that is a disc and the other is a circular piece(s).  And both you can add and subtract from to get different results.  The lowest setting makes it where the bolt stays back after the last shot.

The plastic piece I am talkin about is actually on the side of what I would call the Gearbox housing on regular AEG's.  It actually sits into the side of it and lays flat. Thicker on one end and goes down to thinner on the other end.  I might take a picture of it if I remember.

But like I said it broke and we can still fire it.  But when it broke more than half on the first one it stopped working.  The last time we played with it we still weren't able to figure out what it's purpose really is.  I am still waiting on answers from my distributor and replacement pieces.  I am going to see about making more at our ASC7 shop in Branson when I do get them.

But the gun is pretty cool for the rounds I got to put through it.  I really want to do some CQB clearing with it.  Just can't use it in an actual game in the CQB right now.  Right on the edge of being to hot.  But hitting metal targets setup throughout the place I thing would be a bit more fun than just our shooting range.

Jon
So Go Airsoft

chuckysknife3

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2011, 02:07:58 PM »
and got to get shot with it :D

Supercell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • So Go Airsoft
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2011, 02:26:58 PM »
We are suppose to get those replacement parts for this this week.  So we will be able to fire test them this weekend.
Jon

Shifty

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2011, 06:18:00 PM »
Whats the word on these? Did you get them back and how do they work?
haha you're right, I was an idiot last night.

Supercell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • So Go Airsoft
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2011, 09:00:15 PM »
Sorry for not updating on this.  I got the 2 KA GBB rifles replaced.  We tested the new ones and sold one to Cody and to Collin.  Both are totally different types of players.  So that will be a good thing for us to compare.  At this time Cody hasn't played with his much at all.  I think he is wanting to wait for Gene or Lindsay to make that piece that broke before.  Now Collin on the other hand is like a kid in a candy store with his. (Aren't you Collin?)  In fact he has rigged his up to a Air Pressure tank so that he doesn't have to keep gasing it up.  Of course he has to carry a bottle and has a line to the mag but it is a workable deal.  Especially with the cold coming on.  And saves on Green Gas.  We haven't chrono'd it yet and seen it in action at the store.  But he seems to love it.  Which I am happy about.  I will get him to do something on it.

Jon
So Go Airsoft
Supercell

Black Viking

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2012, 10:57:51 PM »
i cant wait to get one of these. Ive heard a lot of good things about it but with any gbb, the mags are kind of expensive so thats something to consider before buying. I plan on this being my new SOGO gun.