Author Topic: Daytona Guns  (Read 2868 times)

MickeyD

• View Profile
Daytona Guns
« on: August 30, 2015, 12:40:03 PM »
Hey guys, Mickey again. I just realized nobody on the forums has ever mentioned Daytona guns, so I'm starting this thread to get some discussion going. Many of you are aware of what a Daytona gun is, but some may not so I will explain: A Daytona gun is a HPA (High Pressure Air) system that can be dropped into many different platforms. But unlike other HPA systems such as PolarStar or the SMP, Daytona guns have kick. More kick than most (if not all) GBB rifles on the market. Other than the benefit of adjustable FPS, the HPA system allows the rifle to have a very consistent FPS even on full-auto. So essentially the Daytona gun is the best of both worlds between HPA and GBB, allowing the shooter to all of the perks of HPA but with the added feedback and sound of a GBB rifle.

Currently (aside from custom builds) there are a few different kits for a Daytona gun available. M4, AK, G36, Scar, MSK, FAL and even the M249 are able to be outfitted with pre-made kits. Personally, I love the idea of a recoiling M249 and after seeing gameplay footage from one (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd6ZXHRm1FA) I'm already making plans. It'll take a while to save up for the engine (around $475) but I feel it will be well worth it the first time I flip the selector to full-auto.

So has anyone dealt with Daytona guns before? Owned one, played with one, or been too afraid to peek a corner after hearing one? I'm really interested to see what everyone thinks.
Magpul EVERYTHING

netshark993

• Come to the darkside, we have cookie.
    • View Profile
Re: Daytona Guns
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 09:08:24 AM »
I've seen a lot of daytona builds, they are pretty awesome setups. I have been eyeballing them as my next crazy idea. the wear in time on them is quite long, I'd suggest a cable to connect to a shop compressor for the wear in as they are 3-6k shots generally.
P* advocate

MickeyD

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 10:54:53 AM »
The interesting part is that Daytona builds don't seem to be gas hogs either... you would think that with both recoil and firing the BB it would eat through a tank rather quickly. But from what I have heard this is not the case
Magpul EVERYTHING

netshark993

• Come to the darkside, we have cookie.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 10:41:24 PM »
I've heard the opposite. The airsoft subredditvhas a wealth of information on them. But ive only seen drop in kits. I need to lookup the custom builds.
P* advocate

Reverandff7

• Playing smarter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2015, 04:06:00 PM »
There have been 3 total in the STL area that go to bing on the regular. All of which are inside AK's so all i have to say to that is they can suck it cause that stuff is scary crazy in Vietnam map.
Travis Perry
N.O.V.A. Team Leader
G&G SIG553
Custom SIG552
H&k Umerex G36CV
We G17
CYMA 030(with highcap mag)

Network Of Violent Activities - Thats what we are and what we do.