Author Topic: What GBB's have less problems?  (Read 9906 times)

Boba Fett

What GBB's have less problems?
« on: January 27, 2011, 01:04:22 PM »
So I've been on and off the GBB bandwagon, and in light of a recent training session, am again considering getting one(among claymores, M203's, M4 mags...ect), and I would like some info on them. Which brands/models seem to have less problems? Do all 1911's stop if you shoot too fast? Why is it that mags are usually the part that messes up? What guns use reliable mags?

Thanks so much everyone for helping me out here!

j man 3

• View Profile
Re: What GBB's have less problems?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 03:59:32 PM »
id say KWA iv herd only good things about there GBBs and there new 1911s have more durable mags with better base plates and feed lips and there full metal.

netshark993

• Come to the darkside, we have cookie.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 04:12:46 PM »
i have a 1911 HICAPPA, and i can spray through the 30rnd mag, and still have enough gas to run through another half clip, its a SOCOM GEAR 1911 5.1 HICAPPA. came with 2 mags, its the black ops edition. i really love it, the only complaint i have is with the rear sight, but i found some aftermarket ones that run about 8 bucks.
P* advocate

Alpha42

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 04:48:15 PM »
Ask Joe. He's got about a million different pistols.  I'm sure he can point you in the right direction.

Boba Fett

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011, 08:28:21 PM »
So do only WE 1911's have the issue with fast shooting?

Joe

• Plastic-Slingin' Primate
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2011, 09:54:02 PM »
You can't go wrong with a TM.
Joe
SA Admin
Instigator
Honorary D9 Member
Founding Member, WECSOA*
*Wile E. Coyote School Of Airsmithing

"A man your age . . ."
--Fuzzy

"Anybody got any duct tape?  I need to Joe this gun."
--Reverendff7

Boba Fett

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2011, 10:16:50 PM »
Well I do have to say my TM P90 IS the best gun I've ever had! So you I am leaning towards a TM.

netshark993

• Come to the darkside, we have cookie.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2011, 11:20:09 PM »
from what i've seen most 1911's have that issue, it seems like its the mag size to me, andy has the same issue with his KJW 1911. the hicappa's have bigger mags and hold more gas. i'm also pretty happy with my soon-to-be TM desert eagle. as joe said. you cant go wrong with TM.
P* advocate

Shifty

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2011, 12:23:53 AM »
I've owned a lot of GBB's. For the past 4 years thats all I've been using at SOGO. Here is the list as far as I can remember.

We 1911
KJworks G19
KWA G17 (not mine, but used a few times)
KSC USP
TM 1911
TM 226
TK USP
TM MEU
TM PX4 Storm
KWA MP7

From what I've experienced, TM are the best built GBB's out there in terms of performance and reliability. They are usually the most expensive and hard to get.

I will never own a WE or licensed product (pistol) from them again, most are pot metal and experience cool down faster than any other GBB I've seen. They also use more gas than other pistols, thats why they give you a second mag for free. I have heard good things about their GBB rifles but have yet to actually see one in person.

KSC is made in Japan, but the one I've owned didn't preform as good as my TM. I hear good things about them, if you take care of them and use a gas that isn't as powerful as Green. I would like to have another KSC some time, and see if my gun was a fluke.

KWA is another good company that is only getting better. I've never heard anything bad about their glock series, except that they are no longer being made. Seems like their NS2 system is durable. My only complaint is its not as accurate as my TM's.

haha you're right, I was an idiot last night.

Metal

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2011, 11:25:10 AM »
I've had lots of GBB's myself and I'm actually soon to enter the world of GBBR's. I actively run 3 GBB's. My personal favorite is my WE 1911 Meu single stack. It only holds 15rds, but I've installed a tightbore and upgraded H style hopup bucking, and is just flat impressive. I have absolutely no issues with rapid firing, but then again I believe in fewer well placed shots rather than spraying. I prefer the slimer grip of the MEU to the hicapa. I've also installed some real steal Hogue wrap around rubber grips that make it unrivaled as far as comfort in comparison to all other GBB's I've handled. I also own a KWA G18C that has amazing performance but it's accuracy is lacking compared to my 1911. Joe is right by saying you can't go wrong buying a TM. Problem is they aren't really common and usually bring a pretty penny even when used. So that means they can be out of the average airsofter's price range in how much he's willing to invest in a pistol. With the release of the new NS2 line from KWA they've produced some of the most gas efficent GBB's on the market. I've only encountered one person that had issues with an NS2 M9. The problem with the KWA line is that the mags and parts are specific to KWA so upgrades, extra mags, and spare parts are gonna be harder to get.

So in conclusing if you're only looking ot spend $150 or less, a WE is a good choice. Some of thier pistols can be had on sale for less than $100 which leaves room to buy a tightbore and maybe and extra mag for around $150. By the time you invest $200 in the whole gun with upgrades and such you'll have a really good, powerful, and reliable pistol.

Reverandff7

• Playing smarter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2011, 12:44:26 PM »
I do agree with the 1911 but i think its easier to mod. I have yet to see any major problems with the glock... unless you drop the mag out before you fire lol... that was a stab at jon
Travis Perry
N.O.V.A. Team Leader
G&G SIG553
Custom SIG552
H&k Umerex G36CV
We G17
CYMA 030(with highcap mag)

Network Of Violent Activities - Thats what we are and what we do.

Boba Fett

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2011, 06:41:24 PM »
Yeah as far as styles I prefer Glocks(esp. 23's, 19's, and 32's), USP's and USP Compacts, 5-7's, 1911 Compacts(4.3" barrel), and 24rnd revolvers(4" barrel).

Brands I'm leaning towards are KWA, KSC and TM.

Metal(5-7 being an exception), reliability, and Made in Japan are big pluses to me.

Metal

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2011, 11:17:07 PM »
I'd check ebay right now. there are tons of G18C's and G17's on there right now.

Boba Fett

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2011, 10:22:23 PM »
Ok thanks.

jesusfreak101112

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2011, 10:42:03 AM »
So do only WE 1911's have the issue with fast shooting?
well, I've got a we 1911 meu and I have trouble shooting it fast.

If I were you I would get a kwa... I hear they hold up really well.