Author Topic: Using .20g bb's during Events and open play  (Read 18559 times)

Dragon

Re: Using .20g bb's during Events and open play
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2010, 09:55:17 PM »
ouch what happend?

On me, just a absolutely lucky/unlucky hit I guess... lol.  perfect conditions and such.  The guy shooting didn't mean to or really know it happened.

On the little dude ( i never caught his name.)  ... I'm not to sure. he kept playing I think, though I hardly seen him later.  He was wearing a grey-ish hoodie and black paintball mask.  I think he was fine, just fell and was stunned, plus getting nailed left and right while he was down. 

I came up on him as it happened from a fire fight in the middle as i was trying to regroup with others on my team.  Not sure why he fell, or all the details... just know he was getting pounded at the time.

Supercell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • So Go Airsoft
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2010, 10:02:03 PM »
He just went to the ground after he kept getting shot.  Instead of getting out of there.

Jon

Dragon

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2010, 10:14:34 PM »
lol, that happens to. I thought he hit his head on the wall...

j man 3

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2010, 03:40:23 PM »
why didnt they stop?!?!

Renagade

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2010, 03:56:39 PM »
You dont call your hits??

Dragon

« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2010, 04:23:27 PM »
He was calling, in fact I heard him from a bit away that he was hit several times. I guess he just didn't get out of the situation like Jon said.

Supercell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • So Go Airsoft
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2010, 10:34:21 PM »
The planets weren't aligned for him at that exact second.  sometimes it is hard to hear and totally see if someone is trying to get their hands up but keep getting hit so they start getting down like they are going to shoot.  And then add in the part where he is in the cross fire of another battle and just bad things start to happen.
I'm just glad people helped him.
Jon
So go Airsoft

Renagade

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2010, 07:12:19 AM »
WAIT...

He called hit and they couldnt hear him and kept shooting him?
Did anyone stop firing to see if he said hit?
Is there any command in this or is it chaos?

Just wondering so I know what to expect if i come down there.

Reverandff7

• Playing smarter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2010, 07:31:01 AM »
Jesus... i have missed alot. Hey dragon was that the monthly event last saturday? Crazy I was there talking to joe and jon for a few... im surprised i didnt see you
Travis Perry
N.O.V.A. Team Leader
G&G SIG553
Custom SIG552
H&k Umerex G36CV
We G17
CYMA 030(with highcap mag)

Network Of Violent Activities - Thats what we are and what we do.

Dragon

« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2010, 01:46:38 PM »
Black helmet with OD green skull on it? ... skull face mask?

Kadesh

« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2010, 09:54:34 PM »
I found my answer, the same amount of energy isn't transferred, even though the same energy is applied initially. Inertia plays alot into this as a heavier object is less likely to be diverted from it's path, ultimately transferring more energy as it doesn't undergo the deflection to the scale of a lighter BB.

Also, here is an article that supports the notion of lighter BBs in CQB.
http://unconventional-airsoft.com/2008/11/13/a-case-for-using-12g-bbs-in-close-quarters/

Supercell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • So Go Airsoft
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2010, 10:30:42 PM »
WAIT...

He called hit and they couldnt hear him and kept shooting him?
Did anyone stop firing to see if he said hit?
Is there any command in this or is it chaos?

Just wondering so I know what to expect if i come down there.

Without being there for that exact example you wouldn't understand what it was.  First off he isn't a big kid.  We have music playing through the facility.  Sometimes low sometimes a bit higher.  But this kid doesn't always put his gun above his head when he is first shot, or when walking back to the respawn.  And that might have played another role in him getting shot at again.  Also remember what I said about his position was not in a good place.  Many places to fire from on both sides of him.  If you don't get out of the way people will try and shoot around you.  I don't like them to play that way but with that many people and if they really couldn't tell if he was out at the time.  Then again we are back at it being just exactly the wrong place at the wrong time.  And when one of the more experienced players saw what was happening he stepped in.  And the ref reported it to me.  And I checked in on him and he was fine.
So "no" it wasn't Chaos. 
He did yell hit but I am sure with his full face mask on, the Music muffling his voice and not holding his gun above his head didn't help.
And yes somebody stopped firing and stepped in and stopped ALL firing.
And I can tell you there is Command.  It is just alot of different skill levels playing at the CQB Monthly event.  They can't learn without playing.  And our experienced players really try and help out the Newbe's and lower skill leveled players.  The guys from Ark. have really stepped up in helping these players during this event.  As well as many others.

I hope I answered your questions.
Jon
So go Airsoft
Supercell

Reverandff7

• Playing smarter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2010, 07:19:15 AM »
I do agree with jon. No i was not there for this insodent. But i have been there when i had my "Issue" joe and jon know what i mean. One of my guys to make sure that i didnt get hit came over to me and stood above me with his gun and hand in the air to everyone that would come down the hallway to make sure i didnt get it. Its all about the lvl of skill with the player. To expect a new player to think about other things other then "shoot first ask questions later" policy is asking alot. Thats why single shooting in CQB is worth so much... and jon im going to tell my boys that they need to get rid of there .25 rounds k.
Travis Perry
N.O.V.A. Team Leader
G&G SIG553
Custom SIG552
H&k Umerex G36CV
We G17
CYMA 030(with highcap mag)

Network Of Violent Activities - Thats what we are and what we do.

Boba Fett

« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2010, 07:02:50 PM »
Yeah I informed my team about the new policy. 'll do my best to assist in enforcing it with my guys.

Shifty

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2010, 08:20:41 PM »
Shifty is sad.. he will miss .25's.
haha you're right, I was an idiot last night.