Author Topic: Using .20g bb's during Events and open play  (Read 18560 times)

Dragon

Re: Using .20g bb's during Events and open play
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2010, 09:19:30 PM »
Shifty is sad.. he will miss .25's.

I am wondering why exactly you'll miss them?  ( Just in case I'm over-looking an important reason to use em in CQB. )

On another note...

Initial testing at the collage is going well.  I'm trying to sort out the loads of data I've gotten, and trying to dumb down scientific and physics terms so it can be understood by everyone that isn't a scientist.

Noted though... colder temperatures do make a difference on BB density. There is a slight increase where the BB's density make them impact harder.  It seems biodegradable are the highest density when cold, and the least dense when warm.  .20's and .25 normal bbs seem to have an increase in impact or penetrating power when a bit colder. 
The more "dense" they become, the less kinetic energy they actually absorb from impact, transferring it more to the target hit.
Though, I must say, at least by looking at the data sent, it's on a micro level of increase, so I doubt it means much other than being cool to know.

Soon, I've been promised a ballistic gelatin test... which I will get to participate in. I look forward to doing that!

j man 3

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2010, 09:13:00 AM »
we all will... i know i will

Joe

• Plastic-Slingin' Primate
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2010, 04:09:01 PM »
Shifty is sad.. he will miss .25's.

I've played against Shifty.  He may miss .25's but he doesn't miss WITH them very often.
Joe
SA Admin
Instigator
Honorary D9 Member
Founding Member, WECSOA*
*Wile E. Coyote School Of Airsmithing

"A man your age . . ."
--Fuzzy

"Anybody got any duct tape?  I need to Joe this gun."
--Reverendff7

j man 3

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2010, 06:57:01 PM »
i like them for my pistol because i dont have the fully automatic capability so i use the .25s to make my shots count and i know people will feel them

Dragon

« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2010, 07:18:05 PM »
I kinda forgot about pistols... when originally discussing with Supercell about the .25's, it was because of AEGs not side arms. 

I bet Jon will let folks load side arms with .25's.  The velocities are much weaker out of a pistol.

j man 3

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2010, 11:13:44 AM »
idk i dont think he let me :/ lol but thats ok i just bought some .20s and all i use is pistol for cqb

Reverandff7

• Playing smarter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2010, 07:03:51 AM »
well i know the .25s are better for your opnent to feel them but to be honest i dont know if i would like it in the cold weather. I know i didnt mind in the summer one of my boys in his ak uses them. I use .20 because i was told that is the basic and standard across the board.
Travis Perry
N.O.V.A. Team Leader
G&G SIG553
Custom SIG552
H&k Umerex G36CV
We G17
CYMA 030(with highcap mag)

Network Of Violent Activities - Thats what we are and what we do.

j man 3

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2010, 10:14:23 PM »
ok gotcha

Metal

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2011, 04:10:37 AM »
To be honest I was very upset when I showed up a little over a month ago to an open play day without knowing the .25's had been banned and so were allot of my guys. We play field almost exclusively, so it's rare that we ever shoot anything BUT .25's and for that reason, I only keep .20s around for my 203's and hand grenades. Because of that I didn't bring any with me, but Jon was cool about it and GAVE us a whole free bag of AE .20g's! We ended up not even shooting up more than half of them with 4+ people taking from the same one bag.

I can attest to the .25g's getting kinda brutal in CQB. The first time I even went to SOGO, I played at the old Nixa location. One of our junior members had rented an M4 for the day, so you know it wasn't too hot. The problem was that we were playhing in the summer so it was blistering hot and muggy inside. I started off the day with my face mask, but with the heat I soon couldn't stand it anymore and took it off and just used my flackjacks. Not long after that I can around a corner low and our junior member was right in front of me (~10ft) and when I went to ask him to surrender he pegged me right in the face. It was like if you were to try to cut a piece of paper with a dull knife, the bb just caught my cheek and tore it open. There was blood all over the floor. You could litteraly see into my cheek. I managed to dodge gettin a couple stitches by keeping pressure on it and Jon's staff provided me with a butterfly bandage right after the incident happened. I now have a nice little scar from that.

Supercell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • So Go Airsoft
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2011, 11:30:33 AM »
Thanks for the input.  Another perspective is always good.

Jon
So go Airsoft

Metal

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2011, 02:43:05 PM »
Hey, no problem! I know me and allot of my guys are really looking forwarrd to the addition that was in the works. I personally would like to try it out pretty soon when it's done being built!

Dragon

« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2011, 08:00:53 PM »
Ditto!

I've missed each Sogo monthly for a while now for weather and funerals... can't wait to get back and see what's been happening.

Supercell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • So Go Airsoft
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2011, 10:06:23 PM »
Well hopefully we will moving forward soon with 2nd building.  We have it sitting in the parking lot.  We took down the outside parts to clear the way for them to start it.  But we are still waiting for one piece of paper from the city.  Stupid... Never mind. lol
It will be good to see you guys back out.

Jon
So Go Airsoft

Reverandff7

• Playing smarter
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2011, 02:35:13 PM »
How is everything going with that jon
Travis Perry
N.O.V.A. Team Leader
G&G SIG553
Custom SIG552
H&k Umerex G36CV
We G17
CYMA 030(with highcap mag)

Network Of Violent Activities - Thats what we are and what we do.

porkchop

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2011, 02:48:20 PM »
Dang, I really stirred up a hornets nest! Again, please let me state, in my defense, that I only had .25's because the store was out of .20's. I had stocked up on ammo the month before at the Halloween event, and I had to take what I could get. (I refuse to use wal-mart ammo) This was also the first battle where I got to use my new SR7 DEVGRU, so yes, I was on a rampage, but as Dragon stated, it wasn't a distance issue, since 25ft is a fair range of engagement. Stock spring on my gun was an m100, so I immediately had to downgrade to an m90 bofore I even brought it to the arena. My guess is the rate of fire may have played a part in the hard hit. Along with the light spring, I was running an 11.1v lipo, pushing the ROF to well over 30rps. Since then I've sworn an oath of semi-auto fire only, not just to prevent the liability, but also to keep from turning my gears into cheez-wiz.
"Phase plasma rifle, in a 40 watt range......"